- App Store Info
DescriptionGlitchScaper is a rhythm machine with six sound generators, each controlled by a two-layer cycle sequencer, designed to easily create glitchy patterns and scapes.
To quickly find new ideas, each generator has separate options for making sequences and tones. The parameters of the new sequences and tones are set randomly, but are guided by several user-defined options, which in outline define the steps of the sequence and the type of tone or noise. This allows you make a quick draft of a pattern and then simply tweak it to get the final sound. The advanced copy function gives you ability to quickly make a new preset by copying sequences and tones from existing ones.
The tone generator makes bright and rich sounds based on 12 complex waveforms or various types of noise, and can also use an external input as a signal source. Effects transform the tone from smoothly varying to full of squeaks and rattles. Each effect is modulated by a special envelope generator with different shapes that change throughout the sequencer step.
The sound generators have individual spatial effects, as well as a common reverb space for all generators that adds an ambient layer to the final mix. The final mix can be even brighter and heavy or pumping with the built-in harmonic exciter and bass enhancer.
The intuitive interface and powerful sound design features make this application super convenient for creating your own, unique sound.
GlitchScaper is great for creating simple beats with an interesting and unusual sound, but it was originally designed for digital distorted patterns with longer steps that blend perfectly with the rhythms of classic drum machines and sequencers.
GlitchScaper is a universal application for iOS and macOS. It can work on iPhone and iPad as well as Mac / MacBook with M1 chip (and later). GlitchScaper works on iPhone and iPad standalone, as an Audio Unit or Inter-App Audio module, and supports Audiobus and Ableton Link. On MacOS, GlitchScaper can works both as a standalone application and as an Audio unit (AUv3) with DAWs and other hosts that support AUv3 plugins. All application features are available on iOS and macOS, including MIDI support (with a MIDI learn option) and audio unit parameters. GlitchScaper has a built-in detailed description of all parameters also available as PDF file on the application site.
A brief overview:
You can find more information on GlitchScaper and other experimental audio processing apps at:
What's New in Version 1.2This update makes GlitchScaper an even more convenient for designing a variety of glitchy patterns and scapes.
- The new button "Multi/Single" toggles the main screen between displaying all six sound generators or displaying all controls for the selected generator on the single screen.
- The new option "Undo" allows you to revert parameters to their previous state after "Make sequence" / "Make tone" operations for each generator, as well as return to a save point that you can set before making changes to the parameters of different generators.
- Buttons that have multiple values now open a pop-up menu (but you can set the toggle values mode in app settings).
- Also have been improved the assignment of MIDI controls, export presets and built-in description.
- Fixed several minor bugs.