First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes AppSpy's Sunday Service in a baby carriage.
The Big Stories
1. Oh didn't you hear? Nintendo is coming to a mobile near you.
2. Final Fantasy XI is headed to iOS and Android.
3. Deathwatch: Tyranid Invasion is a fancy looking Warhammer 40,000 game from the Warhammer Quest people.
4. Pixels is a new movie starring Adam Sandler and it looks awful...
5. TouchTone is a sobering game about spying on your own people.
Magenta Arcade is a fast-paced shmup where your finger shoots bullets, because your finger isn't a regular finger, but the finger of a god (whose finger shoots bullets). If you're not super into the genre though, don't let the word “shmup” put you off, as it's more than accessible enough for pretty much all skill levels of gamer.
More on Magenta Arcade: Pocket Gamer review
How we spent our weekend
Peter: I've just bought a new vacuum cleaner, so I'm going to put it through its paces over the weekend. Being an adult sucks.
Danny: Use my last 8,000 yen on beer and food in Ueno Park in proper Hanami fashion. Also hope that someone bails me out when I don't have enough money for the train home once I'm back in London.
Glen: Going to London (round two) to visit the Google store and probably some other things.
Harry: I'm going to drink gin, go for coffee with my Mum, listen to some records, and hopefully sit in the sun.