Dead Effect 2 Review
By Harry Slater, on June 29, 2016
- Publisher: BadFly Interactive, a.s.
- Genre: Arcade
- Released: 28 Oct, 2015
- Size: 2.0 GB
- Price: FREE!
- Still as chilling and fun as the original
- Impressive graphics
- At times the dialogue is poorly written and distasteful
- It's Solid, but not spectacular
If you enjoyed it the first time and can look past some of it's flaws then this is definitely the game for you.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Zombie killing, clones, mad scientists and space tree's. Dead Effect 2 delivers everything you'd expect.
Description“Dead Effect 2 is a gory and shiny gout of FPS action. It feels slick, and it looks absolutely stunning.” - PocketGamer
"Dead Effect 2 is an outstanding first person shooter experience on iOS that is a must have." - Apple'N'Apps
*IMPORTANT* Dead Effect 2 requires an iPad 3 (or newer), iPhone 5 (or newer), iPad Mini 2 (or newer), iPad Air. An Internet connection is required to play.
Looking to push the boundaries of mobile gaming to another level, Dead Effect 2 is a console-quality action sci-fi shooter with RPG elements. Follow the enticing storyline, train and develop your character, collect and upgrade weapons, gear and high-tech body implants.
Dead Effect 2 placed 2nd at the Very Big Indie Pitch contest at PG Connects Helsinki 2015.
CONSOLE-QUALITY GRAPHICS AND SOUND
• breathtaking graphics using the latest Apple technology
• realistic ragdoll effects and stunning environments
• narrated by professional voice actors
• atmospheric soundtrack and movie-quality sound effects
RPG LAYER WITH DEEP CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
• 3 personas = 3 different personalities
• character training and development
• unique system of 100+ upgradable body implants and gear sets
• 40+ upgradable weapons
IMMERSIVE GAMEPLAY WITH CUSTOMIZABLE CONTROLS
• 20+ hours of campaign gameplay and 10+ hours of special missions
• elaborate system of achievements
• full controller support
• fully customizable on-screen controls
Feel free to drop us a line at [email protected], or catch up with our latest news on our official website or a social media channel of your choice:
Facebook: Dead Effect
YouTube: BadFly Interactive
What's New in Version 1.2.1Mobile update 1.2 news:
• The biggest new feature in the update are the side tasks, available from the mission map.
• Weapon training! By solving progressively harder challenges with your weapons you can gain weapon training ranks that gives you special boosts to damage, accuracy and other weapon stats for all the weapons from the training category.
• The shop now offers new weapons - baseball bats for throwing enemies around, mighty hammers to smash them to pieces, also some swords and axes.
• If you prefer to shoot your way through: a new shotgun and a sniper rifle are waiting for you.
• Have you reached level 20 and you think there's nothing more to do? After you gain enough ranks of the weapon training, you can start the quest line for the ultimate weapon to get the best possible weapon for your favorite category
• The shop now contains some more armor suits and implants - including an epic CYWORG implant set that will give you several special abilities!
New game mode!
• The Infestation game mode is ideal when you just want to fight through the hordes of the enemies and get the rare loot from the boss at the end.
• There are several new maps in the game for the Biohazard, Survival and Lone Wolf modes.
New difficulty mode!
• The HELL difficulty mode is only for the best cybernetic warriors with the best possible equipment. All others will die quickly. But the boost for the loot is worth it!
Level lock removed!
• The story missions are no longer level-locked, but their difficulty scales up if your level is too low. If you're good enough, you can jump right in!