- Attention to visuals and sound.
- Solid gameplay.
- Even on expert, the game is rather easy.
- Lack of enemy variation.
While not the best, the controls work and make this well made shooting game worth a look, especially for the price.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Minigore is a very well polished twin stick shooter for the iPhone. You play as John Gore who is trapped in a forest. From out of the bushes appear hostile little black furry critters, and it's your job to fend them off for as long as you can.
At the bottom of the screen are two sticks. The left stick moves John around while the right fires his gun in any direction you point it. The controls aren't as accurate as they probably should be but they do their job. As you mow down the critters, larger and larger ones appear, which split into smaller ones when destroyed. Every now and then the enemies will either drop a weapon crate or a clover. If collected, the weapon crate gives you a shotgun, but if the crate is shot, it explodes, destroying all the critters around it. When John collects three clovers, he turns into a rampaging minotaur, destorying all in his path.
Some attention has been given to the art and sound. John is amusing as he looks like a rejected lego figure, while the critters and background are nicely rendered. Often John will make an amusing quip, the music is epic and pleasing, and there is an option to use your iPod as well.
Minigore is a nice addition to the twin stick shooter genre. The presentation is of a high quality, and the gameplay never really ramps up enough to be overwhelming. Give it a try and see what you think.
DescriptionCan you survive the onslaught of furries in the dark wilderness of Hardland? Help John Gore avoid his enemies and fill them full of lead in this action-packed arcade shooter.
Choose from an assortment of wacky characters, pick your battleground, and head into action. The deadly furries only get bigger and more numerous the longer you survive. Your trusty machine gun will always be there for you, but you'll also be able to make use of shotguns, grenade launchers, and more. Just when you might think all is lost, you might be able to turn things around by becoming a beast yourself and biting back. Every creature you defeat will earn you points that you can use to unlock even more characters.
Want extra challenge? Head to the graveyard and see how many nights you can stay alive while shambling packs of zombies threaten to overwhelm you. Wherever and whatever you choose to fight, you'll have to use all of your skills and wits to keep from getting ripped to shreds.
Got a little time to burn? Fire up Minigore and see how high a score you can rack up!
Supports MFi, XBox, and PlayStation Controllers
- A Wild Cast: Besides our heroic protagonist, you can choose to play as Hook Champ's Jake, the shotgun-wielding Enviro-Bear, Santa, and even a mob of penguins!
- Simple Controls: Move with your left thumb and shoot with your right. It's the perfect set-up for blasting baddies while on the run!
- Guns Galore: Pick up shotguns, grenade launchers, machine guns, and more to use against the enemy hordes. Got one gun? Why not grab a second one?
- Be the Monster: Grab three lucky clovers and you'll temporarily change into an invincible hulking beast.
- Multiple Locations: Head to a spooky forest, duke it out in a snow-covered field, or challenge a zombie-infested cemetery!
Minigore is playable for free, with some sections and features available only to subscribers of GameClub Pro, an optional auto-renewing monthly subscription which also removes ads. Besides the GameClub Pro subscription, there are no other in-app purchases in this game.
If you choose to purchase the optional subscription:
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. No charge will be made for the free trial period.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior of the current period, at the cost indicated.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your App Store account settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
What's New in Version 8.1.4Thanks for playing this GameClub game! GameClub offers a curated catalog of iconic games, with new titles released every week. Subscribers get access to unlimited gameplay, no ads, and no additional purchases — just pure fun.
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements. Let’s play!