- Simple controls leave you free to concentrate solely on puzzles.
- The option to skip harder levels and return later on is a great addition.
- The game has around 10,000 different levels so you won’t get bored easily.
- Other gameplay modes and leaderboards/highscores are almost hidden away from the player in the main menu.
- The gameplay and instructions are a bit vague when first starting the game.
Fling! is a great example of a simple, but challenging puzzle game and is well worth the current price.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Fling! is a puzzle game where players controls little furballs and must fling them into other furballs in order to knock them off the stage. The goal here is to clear the game’s level of all but one furball, which becomes more and more of a challenge due to the games increasing difficulty.
The controls are simple and ideal for this style of puzzle gameplay. Players control their creatures by flicking them in the direction they want using the touch screen. Players can also undo moves by pressing a button in the corner, which is great because you will get stuck at some point. Players can also skip levels and return to them later, which is a inventive new concept to the puzzle game genre.
The visuals are polished and presented in detailed 3D. The sound is subtle and adds to the game's cute art style perfectly. Players also have the option to use their iPod during gameplay if they so choose to. The gameplay is a single player only, but highscores can be submitted to global and local leaderboards.
Fling! is a deceptively challenging title that fans of the puzzle genre will love. It’s clear that a lot of work has been put into the game’s presentation and level design. While gameplay may be a little vague at first play, players will soon understand what to do and have a great time in doing so. If your idea of a great game involves a lot of strategy and thought, then don’t think twice about adding Fling! to your collection.