- Publisher: Bevin Software OU
- Genre: Family
- Released: 8 Aug, 2009
- Size: 71.1 MB
- Price: $0.99
- Simple controls leave you free to concentrate solely on puzzles.
- The option to skip harder levels and return later on is a great addition.
- The game has around 10,000 different levels so you won’t get bored easily.
- Other gameplay modes and leaderboards/highscores are almost hidden away from the player in the main menu.
- The gameplay and instructions are a bit vague when first starting the game.
Fling! is a great example of a simple, but challenging puzzle game and is well worth the current price.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Fling! is a puzzle game where players controls little furballs and must fling them into other furballs in order to knock them off the stage. The goal here is to clear the game’s level of all but one furball, which becomes more and more of a challenge due to the games increasing difficulty.
The controls are simple and ideal for this style of puzzle gameplay. Players control their creatures by flicking them in the direction they want using the touch screen. Players can also undo moves by pressing a button in the corner, which is great because you will get stuck at some point. Players can also skip levels and return to them later, which is a inventive new concept to the puzzle game genre.
The visuals are polished and presented in detailed 3D. The sound is subtle and adds to the game's cute art style perfectly. Players also have the option to use their iPod during gameplay if they so choose to. The gameplay is a single player only, but highscores can be submitted to global and local leaderboards.
Fling! is a deceptively challenging title that fans of the puzzle genre will love. It’s clear that a lot of work has been put into the game’s presentation and level design. While gameplay may be a little vague at first play, players will soon understand what to do and have a great time in doing so. If your idea of a great game involves a lot of strategy and thought, then don’t think twice about adding Fling! to your collection.
DescriptionThe #1 TOP PAID APP for weeks in UK, Australia, Canada, NZ, Holland, ...!
TOP 10 in paid apps in US for a month!
Considered by many the best puzzle game ever made for the iPhone!
The latest puzzle-sensation from the makers of Fuzzle has finally arrived after over one year in development!
Featuring 10,000s of unique puzzles, such that no two puzzles you encounter are ever the same, and split into 30 levels of increasing difficulty, Fling guarantees you many long hours of puzzling fun!
Each puzzle has a single, unique solution, and is solved by simply flinging (pushing) the furballs, and watching them bump each other off the edge of the screen, until only one is left.
FOUR GAME MODES:
* FREE-PLAY mode - play at your own pace, while the game tracks your stats and keeps track of all puzzles solved/failed, allowing you to browse your entire puzzle-solving history and go back to any previously solved/unsolved puzzle to attempt to (re-)solve it!
* ARCADE mode - race against the clock, solving as many puzzles of ever-increasing difficulty as you can before your time runs out!
* CHALLENGE mode - solve sets of puzzles within a given amount of time to progress, while trying to beat your personal best times for each level!
* FRENZY mode - the all new survival mode - keep the board from filling up by flinging same-colored balls off the board!
OTHER KEY FEATURES:
* HINTs and UNDOs are provided to help you solve the puzzles when stuck
* Game music, which automatically switches itself off at start when playing other music on your iPod/iPhone
* Local+Global high-scores lists, as well as GameCenter leaderboards + achievements
* Automatic saving of games - always come back to the game right where you left it!
* Gameplay + instructions video on youtube - http://tinyurl.com/flingiphone or just search for Fling iphone
Follow us on Twitter for news and promotions regarding our games or apps:
WHAT MORE REVIEW SITES SAY ABOUT FLING!
"takes the idea of a Puzzle game to new heights ... definitely one of the best puzzle Apps on the App Store" - apphunter.net, 4.5/5
"truly addicting ... definitely one of the most fun puzzle games I’ve played on the iPhone to date" - appvee.com
"genuinely addictive ... replay value is incredibly high ... a polished, simple and engaging puzzler" - ztgamedomain.com, 8.5/10
"slickly presented, fiendishly addictive and hugely popular puzzler" - gamepeople.co.uk
"simple enough for a child to pick up and play, yet challenging enough to keep adults hitting the Undo button and trying again" - appsmile.com, 5/5
What's New in Version 2.0.7This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
* Updated to work with iOS 11
* Added full iPad support
* Added optional iCloud backup+sync of your progress