Tap Tap Coldplay 1.1 - 13 Tracks Review
- Publisher: Tapulous, Inc.
- Genre: Music
- Released: 7 Apr, 2009
- Size: 54.8 MB
- Price: $4.99
- Around 16 different Coldplay tracks for players to choose from.
- Varied difficulties accommodate different age and level players.
- Local 2 player game mode available.
- Notes have a new fuzzy appearance now and makes it hard to tell if you’ve hit them or not, especially on harder difficulties.
- If you’re not into Coldplay, you won’t like the all Coldplay setlist.
This is a game for Coldplay fans, pure and simple. If you aren’t that into them, then this title isn’t worth the steep current price.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Tap Tap Revenge – Coldplay is a title that’s pretty much self explanatory; the music and rhythm gameplay of Tap Tap revenge mixed with a soundtrack of Coldplay songs. The gameplay has players tapping the buttons to the beat of the song in order to get the highest score possible.
Like all music rhythm games, players tap the different buttons when the corresponding note drops from the top of the screen. Players must also shake the iPhone in different directions when arrows drop down onto the screen. This mixes up gameplay, even though it does look a bit weird flicking your phone around.
The visuals are good and vibrant pictures of the band float around in the background during songs. However, it’s hard to tell if you’ve hit a note properly on harder difficulties due to the cloudy appearance of the notes. The sound is good and each track is clearly heard through the speakers. Both single player and two player local modes are available and you can also submit highscores to a global leaderboard after each song.
Tap Tap Revenge – Coldplay is a game that appeals more to fans of Coldplay than fans of music and rhythm games. The gameplay itself is fine, but it’s obvious this title was intended for fans more than the casual gamers. But otherwise the gameplay is fine, the sound is clear and the visuals look good. If you love Coldplay so much you need to tap along with them, then this game is for you, otherwise you should try a different music and rhythm game.
DescriptionA FISTFUL OF GRAMMIES AND A BEAUTIFUL MUSIC GAME COMBINE TO GIVE YOU 13 HIT TRACKS OF PURE AWESOME! Coming to you at the speed of sound is Tap Tap Revenge: Coldplay, the latest release in the wildly popular Tap Tap Revenge series. This seven-time, Grammy winning group from the U.K. is featuring 13 tracks for the game including "Clocks, "Yellow", "Viva la Vida", “The Scientist”, “Violet Hill” and “Speed of Sound”.
DON'T JUST TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT ....
"From one Coldplay fan to another, you must play this game." SmokingApples.com
"...what Tapulous has accomplished this time out is more impressive than what it managed with NIN Revenge and Tap Tap Dance: in addition to using well-known music, it actually draws players into several of Coldplay’s videos..." iLounge
"...I can easily see that Coldplay superfans will dig this game." IGN.com
"When you play this game you see and tap to a whole new Coldplay experience! Tapulous has outdone themselves with another killer music game." jarhead
"The first time I played it I felt like playing through Coldplay's mind. It was full of their vibrant color, style and uniqueness. " JCMan7
A TON OF NEW FEATURES ...
- Ten smash hits, including Yellow, Clocks, Speed of Sound, and special mixes of Vida la Vida and Lovers in Japan;
- Breath-taking new themes, graphics and effects, inspired by Coldplay's videos. We've tweaked the default theme for each of the Coldplay albums and each of the four boss tracks has been custom-tailored to match the mood of the song;
- Four addictive difficulty levels, each with unlockable boss tracks;
- Superior stability, multi-player mode, a Coldplay news feed, and Facebook Connect to flaunt your scores to the world.
- Import your Tap Tap Revenge: Coldplay Edition tracks and theme into Tap Tap Revenge 2.5
YOU HAVEN"T BEEN LIVING IF YOU DON"T RECOGNIZE EVERY ONE OF THESE HITS .....
- Lovers in Japan (Osaka Sun Mix)
- In My Place
- Fix You
- Life in Technicolor ii
- Speed of Sound
- Viva la Vida
- Viva la Vida (Thin White Duke Remix)
- The Scientist
- Violet Hill
CHECK OUT MORE TAPULOUS GAMES INCLUDING ...
- Tap Tap Revenge 3: #1 free game on the iPhone
- Tap Tap Dance: 10 smash dance hits, psychedelic theme
- Lady Gaga Revenge: #1 female act of 2009
- Riddim Ribbon featuring Black Eyed Peas: #1 selling singles of 2009