Cooking Mama Review
- Perfect combined use of all of the iPhones controls.
- Pick-up-and-play gameplay.
- Less dishes available than the DS or Wii versions.
- Irregularly timed mini-games make it hard to play on the run.
This may not be on the top of everyone's to-purchase list, but it's well worth keeping in mind. Food lovers in general will find a lot to enjoy here as the art of cooking is boiled down to simplified stages, just don't use it as a cook-book!
- Full Review
- App Store Info
For those of you who never got to experience the phenomenon that is Cooking Mama before now you're in for a surprise as the iPhone arguably trumps the Nintendo DS and Wii versions with this offering. Cooking Mama by Taito is a arcade style cooking simulator that is a must by for food-lovers and pocket gamers alike.
In simulating a kitchen environment, players will find themselves swiping the screen to cut, tapping to julienne, tilting to grease up pans, shaking to sauté and a host of other unique and intuitive gestures to get the work done. What makes this game work so well for the iPhone is its combination of a touch interface for the cutting and mixing with the accelerometer for physical simulation of pan movement.
Each phase of the cooking process is turned in to a mini-game that needs to be completed before ultimately make the dish you're aiming for. Cooking Mama's cartoonish style belies its fairly accurate depiction of food in its various stages of preparation which is critical for the arcade-style environment the game takes its cues from.
It's unlikely that Cooking Mama will ever be used as an instructional manual for cooking the many various dishes available in the game, but for those who love to cook (or even those who love food but manage to burn water) you'll soon find yourselves popping out the perfect dish in no time.
This application does not currently support iOS8.
Popular the world over, the hit cooking action game "Cooking Mama" is now back with a generous second helping of fun!
In addition to all the familiar favorites, this edition also includes a variety of great new dishes, with plenty more recipes in the works!
[Dishes Included in Cooking Mama Seasons Pro(17 items)]
Seafood spaghetti, Pizza, Pork curry and rice,
Cupcake, Gingerbread Man, Vienna Coffee, Sakuramochi,
Shrimp tempura, Omelet, Spring roll, Shrimp gyoza, Soft Taco,
Pork and vegetable soup, Green Soybean Soup, Potato salad,
Hamburger stewed in tomato sauce, French Fries
This cooking action game has been specially optimized for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. With easy controls, Cooking Mama is great fun for kids, too!
Touch to chop vegetables, slice meat, and stir ingredients!
Shake to knead and shape hamburger meat with both hands!
Tilt to melt butter in a skillet and sauté meat and vegetables!
[More Fun than Ever!]
- Play cooking games to receive special cards! Collect cards and enjoy the Food Art mode!
- Share your decorated Food Art via Facebook and Twitter and show off to your friends!
- Daily players receive Mama Stamps which can be exchanged for deluxe presents!
*** Please note ***
- As of Ver. 6.2.1, the game only requires a network connection when it is launched for the first time and when using the Shop. A network connection is no longer required to play the game.
- The iPhone 3GS is unsupported. Recommended for use with more recent devices.
- Recipes bought in "Cooking Mama Seasons Pro" may not be transferred to "Cooking Mama Season".
- Save data from previous devices is not carried over if this app is downloaded to a new device. We recommend backing up data and transferring it to a new device via iTunes.
It is possible to Restore previously purchased recipes.
*** A Note for Customers Installing the Game via the PC iTunes ***
Data transmission is required when launching the game and installing recipes.
Please ensure that a connection is available when playing.
If the problem persists, please contact our customer support address: