- Publisher: Tip Tap Games
- Genre: Adventure
- Released: 20 Oct, 2009
- Size: 9.7 MB
- Price: $0.99
- Two game modes available: normal and endless.
- The controls are easy to use and very straightforward.
- The game’s sound is quite annoying and no iPod access (and since when where didgeridoos ever played by the Mayans?!)
- No online leaderboard options available to players, local only.
- The game really doesn’t bring anything new to this genre of games.
Ask yourself, do I really want to pay for something I’ve seen and played before but with a new facelift? The answer is no.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Noid is an Aztec themed Breakout style puzzle game where players must try to break all the blocks in each level. If you’re familiar with Breakout or any similar brick smashing game, you’ll have an idea of what this game offers.
The controls are as you’d expect; move the game paddle by sliding your finger and launch the ball by dragging a path for it to move to. You’ll collect different power-ups as you go including multi-ball, sticky pad, slow down and speed up. Yes, if these power-ups sound familiar to you, it’s because they are all pretty much standard for any brick smashing game like this; which is quite disappointing.
Visually, the game is well done, if not a little basic. The sound is quite loud and annoying and without the option to use your iPod, you might want to turn the sound off. The game is single player but offers both normal and endless game modes. Both of which have local highscore options only; no online leaderboards.
Noid is the latest title to join the formulaic ranks of Breakout clones. If offers the same power-ups, gameplay and game modes that you’ve seen before with no extra features. But if you are a die-hard fan, and I do mean die-hard, then you might have some fun with this new adaptation of a classic arcade title.
DescriptionNoid, inspired by the classics but with a Mayan feel.
Prepare your fingers and test your reflexes through challenging levels and collect different power-up gems that will help you along, while the music immerse you into the Mayan civilization in one of the most fun and addictive games for iPhone / iPod Touch.
Easy to play, for all ages, it makes Noid a favourite of gamers worldwide.
• OpenFeint system with leaderboard and achievements.
• Beautiful graphics inspired in Mayan civilization.
• 2 Different game modes:
• Normal Mode: Play through 60 beautiful and challenging levels for hours of play.
• Endless Mode: Survive as long as you can, playing endless levels built by our exclusive level engine.
• 9 PowerUp gems to catch, including classics like sticky and new ones like touch.
• Combo system.
• Continue your game from last level completed.
• Save your highscores.
• Rich sound effects.
• Vibrant music with a Mayan feel.
The ultimate experience in breakout-style gaming!
What's New in Version 1.3- New 'tiptapgames' logo.
- Added 5 more levels for a total of 60.
- Fixed minor bugs.