- Publisher: Funsuma Games
- Genre: Action
- Released: 7 Jul, 2009
- Size: 20.7 MB
- Price: $1.99
- Numerous game modes and excellent multiplayer ability.
- A little difficult to control when you first begin playing.
For the price you would have a hard time finding a better Space Shooter. This is a game that you can play when you have a spare moment but it's also complex enough to have you and your friends playing for hours on end.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Star Pagga is an epic first person shooter available on the iphone and ipod touch. Set in outer space, you are in the center of an intergalactic 'dog fight'. You have a range of weapons at your disposal with the goal of destroying as many spacecraft as possible whilst trying to keep yourself safe.
Entering the game you are greeted with an easy to navigate menu displaying the different game modes and options. Once the game begins controlling your spacecraft is achieved by tilting your phone. It is a little difficult to control at first, but after a while it becomes second nature. Once you find a target, aiming your cross hairs on another player for a few seconds will allow you to lock on and tap to fire a guided missile. The weapons are simple to use and you even have the option to adjust your speed during gameplay.
Star Pagga has a multitude of game modes including bluetooth and internet multiplayer, and also has a single player option with both campaign and challenge modes. This gives you hours of gameplay and keeps the game relatively fresh. The 3d graphics run smoothly on the iphone and are of a high quality. The epic sound effects certainly makes for some thrilling moments, however if you prefer your own music, not only can you play your ipod, you can customize playlists of your own music within the game itself.
There are a number of great first person shooters out there and Star Pagga is one of them. Any fan of Space Shooters or Sci-Fi games should give this game a go.
DescriptionStarPagga is arguably the best multiplayer 3D space-shooter on the App Store! You can configure your spacecraft, and engage in a series of dangerous fast-paced dogfights.
• Action packed 3D space combat
• Single player campaign
• 8 player multiplayer (Bluetooth, LAN and Internet)
• Multiplayer voice chat (Bluetooth, LAN and Internet)
• Push notification game invites and game host messages
• 14 challenging missions
• 2 tutorials
• 4 challenge missions with online leaderboards
• Battle in a variety of different space environments from Saturn's rings, dense asteroid fields, orbital construction zones, deep fog plasma clouds and planet surfaces
• Use the accelerometer or touch interface to control your spacecraft
• Use the mini-map radar to track your position, and that of your wingmen and enemies
• You'll need to master evasive combat manoeuvres
• 8 configurable spacecraft available - you can name them, and then equip them with your choice of:
- Pulse Lazer
- Beam Lazer
- Fusion Torpedoes
- Anti-Matter Missiles
- Shield Generator
- Cloaking Device
- Defence Matrix
- Shield Regenerator
- Shield Battery
• Frequent updates
• Developed exclusively for the iPhone, iPod touch and now the iPad too!
One of the most action packed space dogfighting games on the iPhone, iPod and iPad to date! Join the community - we'll see you in the skies.
"While we were slow to get the word out on this impressive looking title, the action is anything but.” - Blake Patterson, Touch Arcade
“A solid 3D shooter that offers a good dose of variety and gameplay” - Big Albie
"I have tried all the space sims in the app store. This is the one I was looking for! The action is good and I love that I can customise my weapon loadout"
“StarPagga is one of the best-looking, tightest tuned aerial shooters on the device” - Tracy Erickson, Pocket Gamer