Angry Birds Review
- Lots of levels in three different areas to conquer.
- Fun 2D cartoon art and animations.
- Trajectories left by previous shots don't necessarily help much.
As a child you may remember how fun it was to build with blocks and watch them tumble apart or the thrill of kicking apart your sand-castles. There's fun inherent in destruction so Angry Birds will always be appealing to some.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Angry Birds is the kind of physics sim come castle demolisher that follows on from games like Crush the Castle. Clickgamer.com may not have evolved the game too much, but smashing the defenses of your sworn enemy can be fun even if things do require a bit too much trial and error.
Birds are launched at your foes via a slingshot you control simply through drag gestures. You can scroll the screen via dragging, but this is most useful after your first shot to follow the line of trajectory left in the wake of your last "missile". Despite leaving a trajectory, it's hard to replicate shots you've made and due to the nature of physics simulators even a hair's width of difference can result in an unpredictable result.
This throws strategy out the window for all but the most basic of plans. Thankfully the destruction is a joy to watch and experience, so even if you can't get that perfect shot you're almost always guaranteed an amusing result. Angry Birds uses a simple, clean style of art with amusing animations for the birds, pigs and the destruction that occurs around them.
There are 63 levels to quickly plow through and enjoy, but it would have been nice if players could craft and share their own levels to give the game a bit more longevity. Angry Birds has a lot of character and is a fun and simple game to enjoy, but it may only strongly appeal to physics junkies or casual gamers after a quick time-waster.
DescriptionThe survival of the Angry Birds is at stake. Dish out revenge on the greedy pigs who stole their eggs. Use the unique powers of each bird to destroy the pigs' defenses. Angry Birds features challenging physics-based gameplay and hours of replay value. Each level requires logic, skill and force to solve.
– Enjoy fun and satisfying slingshot gameplay.
– Play all 15 original Angry Birds episodes – over 680 levels!
– Compete against other players in the Mighty League.
– Boost your birds' destructive strength with powerups.
– Download and play for free!
– Play offline!
HAVING TROUBLE? Head over to https://support.rovio.com where you can browse FAQs or submit a request to our support flock!
This application may require internet connectivity and subsequent data transfer charges may apply.
This game may include:
- Direct links to social networking websites that are intended for an audience over the age of 13.
- Direct links to the internet that can take players away from the game with the potential to browse any web page.
- Advertising of Rovio products and also products from select partners.
- The option to make in-app purchases. The bill payer should always be consulted beforehand.