Fish Tycoon Review
- The real time gameplay is very fun, and exciting to see what will happen next.
- Simple to use controls and interface.
- Game content is suitable for all ages.
- Would have liked the sound options to work together with the iPod music.
- No multiplayer or leaderboard options.
- Some people may not enjoy the slower gameplay, or real time elements.
This is a fantastic game to have on your iPhone and is worth the current price, but if you’re not crazy about looking after fish, maybe try the lite version and see if it’s something you could get into.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Fish Tycoon is a fish tank simulation where players feed, raise, breed and sell fish in order to unlock more tank items, rare fish eggs and eventually breed 7 rare and magical fish types. The game is a real time simulator, so the game will keep going when you stop playing, and over the span of a few hours, new fish will have grown and various other surprises will be waiting for you.
The game is controlled by selecting different options with your finger. You can feed your fish, shop for new items or give your fish items by tapping the buttons on the screen. You can also research fish, breed them or transfer them to your store front to make a profit by clicking and dragging fish into the isolation tank at the bottom of your screen.
The visuals are well done, and the fish are very detailed, especially those that are cross-breeded. The sound is good, but players cannot listen to their own iPod unless they turn the game sounds off. The game is single player only, with no leaderboard options or highscores. The game is solely about simulating and creating your own virtual fish tank.
Fish Tycoon is a great game, and a terrific addition to fans of Farmville and similar real time games. The gameplay is simple and the option to pick up and play at anytime makes this a lot of fun. As mentioned earlier, this game is very addictive, and if you can manage your gameplay time effectively, you will find a great experience here.
Description***ON SALE: $0.99 for a short time! If you'be been waiting to grab the full version, now is your chance!***
Fish Tycoon is the award-winning virtual fish breeding game from the creators of the acclaimed Virtual Villagers series.
Starting with $300 and a handful of eggs gathered from the fabled island of Isola, your goal is to unlock the genetic puzzle and discover the 7 Magic Fish of Isola. You will breed and care for more than 400 species of fish, financing your operation by selling your creations to eager customers. A wide variety of aquarium supplies are available to equip and customize your tanks, care for your fish, and magically enhance your aquariums. The game continues to progress in true real time, even when your iPhone or iPod Touch is turned off, so don’t forget to check in regularly to feed your fish, cure their illnesses, and create the next generation of baby fish!
More about Fish Tycoon:
* It’s a virtual pet: care for your fish in your own virtual aquarium.
* It’s a simulation game: maintain virtual fish in a persistent world.
* It’s a genetic puzzle: discover which breeding combinations will lead to the discovery of the 7 Magic Fish.
* It’s a tycoon game: test your business and aquarium skills at the same time!
* Over 400 species of fish to breed.
* Customize your tanks: purchase aquarium ornaments and place them where you like them!
* Real-time game play: new surprises every time you turn on the game!
Winner of these awards:
- "Best Simulation Game" - PDArcade
- "Best Application for Play" - Handango
- "Silver Award" GameTunnel
- "Parents Choice Recommended Award"
- "iParenting Media Award"
Recommended for people who enjoy casual sims, aquarium simulations, fish games, virtual pets, and strategy games.
For the latest info, and to find out what else we're cookin' up, follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/LastDayofWork
What's New in Version 1.3.2Hello fellow Tycoons!
We've updated the original Fish Tycoon to support the latest devices and iOS versions! With over 2 million downloads on iOS, we want to make sure that you can continue playing your favorite apps on the newest devices. Feed, breed, and succeed by unlocking hundreds of species of fish, upgrading your own virtual aquarium to solve the genetic puzzles and rediscover the 7 Magic Fish of Isola.
Revisit the award-winning Fish Tycoon, and be sure to check out the sequel, Fish Tycoon 2: Virtual Aquarium!