Peter und Vlad Review
- Easy to use game controls allow anyone to play.
- Leaderboard options for the main game mode via Agon.
- The visuals are quite aesthetically pleasing and feature some nice detail.
- No continue options; if you quit the application you will need to restart the game.
- The gameplay is repetitive and doesn’t offer much variety in gameplay.
While there is some solid gameplay here, Peter und Vlad sticks to the ‘safe’ formula of line drawing games. This game may be worth the current price depending on your love of the genre.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Peter und Vlad is the newest addition to the wide range of line drawing games for the iPhone. This time it is up to you to control Peter in his attempt to herd his sheep from the out of control weather machine your brother, Vlad, has invented. You will need to herd as many sheep as you can before the weather machine begins sucking them up otherwise you risk unleashing a tremendous storm upon your farm and town.
Like all line drawing games, players control Peter by tapping on him and dragging a path for him to follow. You can also pick up and eat different coloured mushrooms for different bonuses like speed or double points. But occasionally you will get a bad mushroom that will distort the screen and make movement quite difficult.
Bad mushroom trips aside, the visuals consist of the usual top down line drawing style but feature some finer elements of detail; such as when sheep slash through puddles. The sound is well done and features some spiffy European style music remixes. The game does offer two game modes, the main mode and a Zen mode, where you herd sheep with no score or giant evil weather machine chasing you.
Peter und Vlad is a solid line drawing game but one that doesn’t take any risks. Not to say that’s it’s a bad game; it just doesn’t offer any surprises that you might find in a different game, such as Lion Pride. But if you are a fan of the genre, then you may want to check out this game, even if it is for the crazy mushroom trip.
Description"Peter und Vlad is perhaps one of the most polished line-drawing games to arrive on the iPhone yet and the combined weather effects, slick menus and animated title screen make for a very attractive offering. The music and ambient effects are great, too, featuring an impressive breadth of sheep noises."
Score 8 out of 10, Pocket Gamer
Featured on Apple's What's Hot
"I was impressed with how much fun this simple concept was", "In short, if you are looking for a game that will keep you interested for hours, and especially if you are tired of the violent and sometimes sexual themes of many games today, this game may be just what you were looking for."
GamePro Media iPhone Game of the Day:
"Peter und Vlad is as polished as a game of this ilk is going to be, and it’s casual enough that it’s perfect for wasting a minute or two at a time."
Score 4 out of 5
The Current Gamer: "Not long after starting this game up, it had completely won me over with its clever premise, its beautiful art style, great music, and some truly solid gameplay mechanics".
Score 5 out of 5
Peter und Vlad is an action adventure game for iPhone and iPod touch with a herding flavor that allows you decide the fate of the Sedov brothers, Peter and Vlad in their epic battle with an invention-gone-mad!
Vlad Sedov, the mad scientist has created a weather machine to help his brother Peter with his farming chores. In his design of the machine, Vlad made some rather dangerous mistakes as the machine gets its energy from sheep wool and he forgot to add an off button to the machine!
It's up to you to guide Peter in his effort to flock the sheep into the farmhouse and prevent a disaster!
* Alternative gameplay mode: In Zen mode you can practice your herding skills for as long as you like without having to worry about the danger of the weather machine.
* Peter's good knowledge of mushrooms gives him that extra something he'll need to save his sheep from his brother's weather machine. Remember though that Peter is under a lot of stress and therefore could make a mistake by eating a toxic mushroom - with humorous results.
* Real-time weather transformation effects as the out-of-control weather machine morphs summer into autumn, winter and spring.
* Local and global leaderboards that measure your efficiency as a herder.
* Original soundtrack performed by E.V.O (the Electronic Vlad Orchestra).
iPhone and iPod touch
OS version 2.2.1 or later
What's New in Version 1.0.1AGON powered awards! Can you herd 250 sheep to safety? Are you hard enough to survive the winter? Is it possible to survive the year without losing a single sheep?! All these challenges and many more in this new version!
Increased graphical quality.