Space Miner™ Review
- The sound and visuals are very impressive.
- Gameplay is thoroughly addictive.
- Appeals to pretty much everyone.
- Music may not be to everyones taste.
Space Miner is an addictive, well polished Asteroids clone, that mixes fast paced space combat with RPG inspired ship upgrading. This game is highly recommended.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Coming in to dock on the App store, Space Miner: Space Ore Bust will easily mine its way into your heart. Imagine if Asteroids were an RPG, with a ton of class and oozing personality, and you might be close. As the pilot of a mining ship, you must help your Uncle Jeb's failing mining company by travelling around in space, shooting asteroids and harvesting the ore within. Using the profits to upgrade your ship in a variety of ways, you go from a tub of scrap to owning a ship to be proud of. The game is packed with humour throughout.
The control scheme is simple enough. Two buttons on the right control shooting and thrust, and a wheel on the left controls the direction the ship faces. They respond perfectly, and there are options to tweak the controls such as inverting the buttons, auto fire and even adjusting the size of the wheel.
The visuals are stunning, with a level of detail rarely seen on the iPhone. The colours are bright and vibrant, the animations are smooth, and is generally impressive to look at. Sounds are fantastic, from the gun effects to the engine sputtering, and the music sets up the backwater locale with a grassroots style banjo soundtrack.
There are leaderboards via Plus+, awards to unlock and levels can be replayed for more profits. With many missions to play through in the story you will entertained for hours, and RPG fans will love working towards upgrading the ship. Pretty much everything has been done right in this game, making it easy to recommend.
DescriptionSpace Miner, the critically acclaimed space shooter where explosive space combat meets action-RPG.
• 91 / 100 - Metacritic
• "Incredibly good" - Gizmodo
• 5 / 5 - TouchArcade
• 5 / 5 - AppSpy
• Grade A - The Onion (A.V. Club)
Your uncle's space mining business is under threat from an Evil Corporation, and you're the only one who can save it! There are just two problems: your mining license doesn't allow you to mine very far, and your ship is a hunk of junk. Luckily, the solution to both problems is to head out into the galaxy and get mining!
Blast asteroids to find the valuable ore they contain. While the space rocks won't fight back, there are plenty of enemy ships that will. Use the money you get from mining to upgrade your ship in the way you want, allowing you to go farther and survive longer. Uncover special ship parts and maps to new galaxies where more riches await. Find amazing secrets and expand your mining operation as you enjoy the unfolding story. The universe awaits!
** Supports MFi, XBox, and PlayStation Controllers **
- Classic Arcade Action: Use your thrusters to move around the asteroid fields, blasting space rocks and enemies alike with your ship's weapons.
- Customize Your Ship: You worked hard for your money, so you get to decide how you're going to spend it. New lasers? A bigger cargo hold? Stronger shields? It's up to you!
- Uncover Advanced Technology: Get your hands on some cool permanent upgrades that persist between games... if you can find them!
- Blast the Enemies: Whether it's robot pirates looking to steal your ore or corporate goons trying to throw a wrench in your business, the best way to negotiate is with your ship's lasers!
- HardcORE Mode: Looking for the ultimate challenge? Try HardcORE mode, where your first death is also your final one. Things are a lot more tense when you have just one life to live!
Space Miner is one of the many fantastic games brought back to life by GameClub, fully updated to support the latest versions of iOS and newest devices.
GameClub is a subscription mobile gaming service. If you like our games, try our auto-renewing monthly subscription for 30 days free, and play all of our games with no limits, no ads, no hidden fees, and no other in-app purchases.
If you choose to purchase GameClub’s optional subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. No charge will be made for the free trial period. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior of the current period, at the cost indicated. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your App Store account settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]
What's New in Version 1.6.41Thanks for playing this GameClub game!
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements. Let’s play!