Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Review
- Publisher: Freeverse, Inc.
- Genre: Books
- Released: 3 Jun, 2010
- Size: 57.9 MB
- Price: $1.99
- Basic beat'em up challenge with upgradeable special moves.
- Covers the key action moments from the novel.
- Great mix of art styles to compliment the story.
- Easy to mix up gesture moves.
Fans of the story shouldn't need much nudging to try out this action-packed brawler as the opportunity to kick some zombie derriere as Elizabeth shouldn't be missed.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Seth Grahame-Smith's hit 'mashup' of Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice' and the zombie mythos has been a huge success and almost a year later Freeverse have succeeded in adapting this tale to the App Store as an action-packed side-scrolling beat'em up.
Players will get to control the rough and sarcastic Elizabeth as she employs her deadly arts against the zombie plague that has continued to blight the countryside. An analogue stick is used for movement, while basic attacks can be performed by tapping the screen and 'energy' draining special maneuvers can be performed by swiping in one of 8 directions - with several advanced moves requiring a combination of swipes to pull off. Combos can be challenging to pull off, but caution is required as being stuck in the middle of a horde can quickly result in death.
Praise can hardly be piled higher when it comes to the game's ingenious visual design as it manages to mix faux-line art backgrounds with modern health bars and even a Trigram in a perfect mix that represents the cultural mashup that created this story. Like other beat'em ups, palette swapped creatures are used to bulk up the enemy ranks, but provide enough of a challenge to require some caution when approaching mixed packs.
Fans of the book will love the abridged adaption of this novel as it covers the key action sequences throughout the story, however new comers will still appreciate its quirky style and excellent, if simple gameplay style.
DescriptionIt is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains. And it is another widely held truth that Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, the New York Times best seller, was in want of the perfect video game to bring it to life--or at least back from the dead!
Now available on the iPhone or iPod Touch, play through the classic story of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice with an added dose of zombie in Freeverse's 2D sidescrolling action beat 'em up. With 12 levels of beautiful graphics and all the classic romance only a slew of gory unmentionables could enhance, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies offers everyone from gamers to literary enthusiasts the most fun any Classic could offer!
- Amazing environments and gorgeous art
- Intuitive gesture-based controls for executing awesome attacks
- Upgrade your battle prowess to survive the onslaught of undead
- 12 levels of the best-selling novel
- Plus+ integration for awards and leaderboards
- Adapted for on-the-go gaming
- Easy to pick up and play, but the challenge will have you coming back for more
- Beautiful music and cool sound effects bring the action to life