Chopper 2 Review
- Fast, accurate side-scrolling action.
- iPad TV-output.
- Remote iPad control via Bluetooth.
- Beautiful varied landscapes and gameplay.
- Touch control options obscure too much of the screen.
With so many features packed in to Chopper 2, it's insanely great value no matter what price you can get it at, but especially a must buy while it's still on sale.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Way back in the 'way back when' the Apple II was host to a neat side-scrolling action title called Choplifter. Over two years ago, this genre saw a revival on the App Store thanks to the Chopper series and now, after a long wait, fans of the original can get their hands on this juicy and surprisingly featured sequel for their iDevice of choice.
The basic controls are incredibly simple and intuitive to learn, requiring tilt-based movement to direct your helicopter with precision around the screen; tapping anywhere to fire your machine guns; and pressing one of two buttons to fire off your limited salvo of bombs and missiles. With these simple controls you'll be able to deftly maneuver around four different landscapes to complete your missions, rescuing soldiers and civilians while fighting off incoming enemies.
No matter what device you choose to play Chopper 2 on you'll be more than impressed by its simple, understated design that looks simply gorgeous in each of the game's twelve locations. The music also follows suit, with a simple military theme that's not in your face and almost relaxing in its own way. And if you happen to be lucky enough to own the right components, you can connect your iPad to the TV to play the game on the big screen.
Chopper 2 is such a simple game and it's truly impressive to see how much attention to detail has gone in to the final product. No matter what device you choose, Chopper 2 is a fantastic action title with surprising features that make this a must try for all action fans.
DescriptionTake flight in 36 different missions set across 12 different locations. Master the controls of your speedy and agile helicopter as you take on missions in some of the deadliest terrain on the planet. Use your machine gun, missiles, and bombs to fight back against the enemy forces. Battle rocket-launcher wielding soldiers, anti-aircraft turrets, tanks, and even enemy choppers.
Get hands-on with advanced motion controls or play with a virtual stick to replicate an arcade feel. Dodge trees, weave through flocks of birds, and navigate mountains and canyons. Strafe across rooftops in cities packed with skyscrapers, while keeping an eye out for bases where you can repair your chopper and replenish your ammo. And if you're ready for a real challenge, you can choose between multiple difficulty settings to see if you have what it really takes to survive.
- Get to the Chopper: Pilot a speedy and deadly attack helicopter on a variety of missions!
- Go on Missions: Take on 36 different missions spread across 12 different environments!
- Explosive Weapons: Attack your enemies with a devastatingly accurate machine gun, launch powerful missiles, or drop a curtain of tank-busting bombs!
- Super Controls: Play with a virtual stick to replicate the arcade feel, or use motion controls for the ultimate in fine maneuvering.
- Pick Your Difficulty: With multiple levels of difficulty to choose from, you can find the level of challenge just right for you!
Chopper 2 is playable for free, with some sections and features available only to subscribers of GameClub Pro, an optional auto-renewing monthly subscription which also removes ads. Besides the GameClub Pro subscription, there are no other in-app purchases in this game.
If you choose to purchase the optional subscription:
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. No charge will be made for the free trial period.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior of the current period, at the cost indicated.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your App Store account settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
What's New in Version 1.7.11Thanks for playing this GameClub game! GameClub offers a curated catalog of iconic games, with new titles released every week. Subscribers get access to unlimited gameplay, no ads, and no additional purchases — just pure fun.
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements. Let’s play!