Family Guy Time Warped Review
- Easy to pick up platforming controls.
- Unlockable clips from the TV show.
- Not really all-ages appropriate content.
- All-ages appropriate difficulty; i.e., very simplistic (can you see the conflict here?).
While Family Guy may still be performing strong on the small-screen, having it reduced to an anachronistic platformer on the smaller-screen does nothing to impart the same sense of fun and humor.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Family Guy Time Warped by Glu has me a bit turned about... Can someone tell me if the Gulf War is still on? Maybe President Clinton is in power? Has anyone upgraded from a 486 chipset yet? No? Then why does it feel like I'm stuck in the 1990s again?
There was a time when platformers roamed the video game landscape like pirate kings, smashing their way on to consoles and having their way with the youth of the day. Time Warped is an interesting reminder of what once was a staple in the industry and while these days the end result is far more polished, it's no less tiresome to deal with. The controls are more than adequate and those already familiar with iDevice platformers will find it easy enough to pick up the simple button setup of moving left/right and choosing between attacks or jumping. Each level is set in a different time period and you'll need to platform your way around while collecting enriched uranium to find a way back to the modern age.
Should you take the time to search for bonus objects you'll be rewarded with unlocked miniclips taken from the TV show itself. It's a neat treat for fans of the series, but for others it's just another non sequitur that barely stands on its own two feet without context.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Family Guy Time Warped as a platformer and fans of the TV show will find themselves entertained for a little while. However, just like a throw-away gag, Time Warped results in an experience that's short lived and not as clever as it could be.
DescriptionNOW WITH RETINA DISPLAY SUPPORT, FACEBOOK INTEGRATION AND GAME CENTER ACHIEVEMENTS!!!
What the deuce…? A master plan gone awry sends Stewie and Brian hurtling back through time in Family Guy™: Time Warped! Avoid roving bands of thugs as you pursue Peter through modern-day Quahog! Rescue Rupert from gangs of ornery cowboys headed by an evil 1850’s Lois! Face murderous centurions headed by the Emperor Quagligula, ruling Ancient Rome with his iron… er, um... fist! All this while being pursued by the relentless Time Police and their robot sentinels, charged with protecting history from bungling time travelers like you. Liquidate your foes with a variety of weapons, from baseball bats to shotguns to bottles of ipecac! Uranium rods collected along the way endow you with dazzling new abilities - like the double-jump and the jump-glide – and let you power your way back to modern-day Quahog!
Family Guy: Time Warped presents a new side to the Griffin family's epic saga, available only on the mobile platform. Grab yours and get set for time-warped chaos, Family Guy-style!
• Play as both Stewie and Brian.
• Travel through the Old West, Ancient Rome and Modern Day Quahog.
• Exclusive time period and levels for smartphones: travel to Ancient Egypt and battle Joe & Meg
• Encounter a variety of time-warped enemies including Pharoah Guards, Centurions, Cowboys, and Time Cops!
• Collect a variety of weapons including shotguns, ipecac, and laser guns!
• Fight climactic boss battles against foes like Lois, Peter, Quagmire and Chris.
• Authentic Family Guy video and audio enlivens your adventure!
• Cameos from fan-favorite characters such as Consuela, Mort, and Herbert
FOLLOW US at
Twitter - @glumobile
What's New in Version 1.1.0GAME CENTER support added – earn achievements in your quest to find Rupert
FACEBOOK integration – post your game accomplishments on Facebook
Retina Display support
Additional game enhancements