Zombies : The Last Stand Review
- Smooth framerate and sharp shadow rendering.
- Decent audio rendering.
- No progress indicators.
- No control options.
- Basic visual style and simplistic level design.
Zombies : The Last Stand is an interesting technical experiment, but without compelling gameplay it's hard to justify playing this tech demo.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
What's most surprising about trying Zombies : The Last Stand (ZTLS) is that despite its heavy requirements the game just looks and feels so bland. Sure, running around and killing zombies may not have the same exciting flair it used to, but it shouldn't feel like such a chore.
ZTLS is set in a first-person perspective and the controls are what you'd expect, with a virtual stick to move on the left, swiping to aim and a fire button in the right corner. Weapons can also be swapped via a selector on the top. And that's it. No options to modify the controls and reloading only occurs when you run out of ammunition. Also, it's strange that the gun doesn't reload immediately either, requiring another trigger press when you hit 0 ammunition. The rest is a matter of pure zombie carnage and while there is a variety of zombies to deal with, making it to the interesting ones may take some patience.
No indicators are given as to how many zombies you have left to kill and thanks to their shambling AI you're left at the mercy of their slow pace. The visuals aren't anything to write home about either and despite the potential for the game's engine to display some stunning graphics it's wasted on blurry or repetitive texturing, rough models and a large and uninspired area that you have to fight in.
If you own an iPhone 3GS / iPod Touch 3rd Gen or better, then you can enjoy Zombies : The Last Stand as well, but with so many other shooters to play instead it's a hard game to recommend.
DescriptionInspired by Left 4 Dead by Valve, Zombies : The Last Stand is the ultimate mobile first person zombie shooter!
IPAD USERS: Get Zombies HD instead! We also have another game called Heavy Blade that you might like!
View the trailer with all the weapons here!
REMASTERED IN 2017
- Remastered from 480x320 to 1920x1080
- Gameplay now running at native resolution on all devices
- New split screen touch controls with virtual joysticks
- MFI Game Controller support
- Improved shaders
- Improved collision detection and smoother movement of characters
- Use cash to upgrade your speed and other capabilities
- Variety of guns, all upgradeable
- 25 increasingly difficult missions
- Unique types of zombies: Crawlers, walkers, runners, tanks, poppers, jumpers, jumping tanks, and even pygmy zombies.
- Leaderboards and achievements using Game Center
- Realtime shadows
- Normal mapping, detail mapping
- Freedom to move anywhere in the 3D environment
- 3D Audio (best played with headphones)
- 7 spooky and exciting background music tracks
- Analog stick to move,hold and drag in lower right to aim and shoot at the same time. Swipe anywhere else to rotate camera.
Use the gyroscope to aim if your device supports that!
Send suggestions to: [email protected]
For more games visit www.RockingPocketGames.com