- Fun mix of traditional arcade game elements.
- Additional skill-based bonuses via wall-grinding and unbroken flower-chains.
- Fun retro-inspired visuals with a modern colorful touch.
- Two-player mode can be awkward; relatively tiny screen space for controls and easy to get confused.
- Additional modes don't add to the experience.
Forget-Me-Not is certainly hard to forget, with a unique combination of classic and modern elements that make it a blast to master.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Some may remember Nyarlu Labs for their somewhat bizarre, but incredibly fun and unique title Magnetic Shaving Derby. I'll give you a moment to let all of the memories to flood back as you remember a disheveled pixel-art face and other various random objects. All good? Forget-Me-Not is the latest from the developer and while the game may look a lot less bizarre, the combination of Pac Man and Rogue-like elements makes for an experience that's hard to put down.
Players must control their square block by swiping the screen to change directions, navigating down maze-like corridors while avoiding enemies in order to collect all of the flowers. However there's a twist, or two, or three. Firstly you will have to contend with your constantly firing weapon which, when fired down a corridor that leads off-screen, can hit you and damage you. This can be negated by a key that you can drag behind you, however enemies can steal the key and subsequently use it as a shield as well; nastier varieties can even shoot back, so be ready to dodge. Lastly, you can 'grind' against the maze in order to build up a charge, boosting your weapon's power temporarily, however if you charge too much you'll blow up, taking out a chunk of the maze in the process.
Three modes are currently available, though this is a bit misleading as they're only minor variations on the basic mode that pits you against increasingly challenging mazes while giving you a limited amount of lives. Survival mode reduces your lives to one, while Shuffle randomizes the order of the levels. For a truly different experience you'll need to play with a friend, sharing the screen in a two-player mode (just try not to kill your friend in the process... though where's the fun in that eh? >:D).
Ultimately, Forget-Me-Not successfully manages to recapture the fun of an old classic while mixing in features that give it more depth. This makes it a fun diversion and a great pickup for those who enjoy something out of the ordinary.
DescriptionRun around the infinite, ever changing corridors of the NEON DUNJUN, gathering flowers and shooting everything.
Procedurally generated, screen-wrapping, destructible mazes. Tiny little pixel graphics and zappy retro sound effects.
This game pays homage to the classic maze game genre that took arcades by storm in the early 1980s. Each stage challenges you to navigate a maze and collect all of the flowers laying around. Once you do, a locked door will appear. Pick up the key and bring it to the door to move on to the next level, where things get a little harder. It seems easy, but a wide range of creatures inhabit these mazes, each with minds of their own.
Some of them like to steal the key. Others just like to fight. Some will steal the flowers for themselves. They'll get in your way, but they'll also sometimes clash with each other. You'll have to learn how to predict what they'll do if you want to go far. You're far from defenseless yourself. You can dispatch other creatures by shooting at them, or take them down by mastering the special charge attack. Just be careful you don't shoot yourself in the back!
Forget-Me-Not features lots of different modes of play so that there's always a new challenge to tackle. See how many points you can earn in the Standard mode, mix up the difficulty in Shuffle mode, tackle special daily mazes in Seed mode, last as long as you can in Survival mode, or take on the never-ending waves of foes in Arena mode. Best of all, you can play any of these modes together with a friend on one device! Your best scores in each mode will be recorded, giving you something to shoot for each time you play. Forget-Me-Not is an unforgettable arcade game with plenty of strategy!
- Classic Style: Navigate the mazes and pick up all of the flowers!
- Simple Controls: Just swipe in any direction to move and turn!
- Intense Strategy: Every creature has a mind of its own, so make your moves carefully!
- Deep Scoring System: You'll need to master lots of techniques to rack up the points!
- Grind and Charge: Lean into the walls of the maze to charge up a powerful attack!
- Tons of Modes: Five different modes and multiple levels of difficulty keep things fresh!
- Play with a Friend: You can play any of the modes on one device with a friend! Will you help or hinder each other?
Forget-Me-Not is playable for free, with some sections and features available only to subscribers of GameClub Pro, an optional auto-renewing monthly subscription which also removes ads. Besides the GameClub Pro subscription, there are no other in-app purchases in this game.
If you choose to purchase the optional subscription:
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. No charge will be made for the free trial period.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior of the current period, at the cost indicated.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your App Store account settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
What's New in Version 2.1.12Thanks for playing this GameClub game! GameClub offers a curated catalog of iconic games, with new titles released every week. Subscribers get access to unlimited gameplay, no ads, and no additional purchases — just pure fun.
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements. Let’s play!