iBlast Moki 2 Review
- Challenging physics-based puzzles; go for the easy solution or wrack your brain for the perfect score.
- Custom level editor; share online and download free community rated levels.
- Vibrant visual style; keeps the charm of the original while adding even more cuteness to the mix.
- Fiddly controls; the difference between success and failure can be miniscule and hard to pin down with touch controls.
- Heavy-handed replay download system; ultimately costs money for 'help'.
If you loved the original iBlast Moki, this is a no-brainer, but if you missed it and you enjoy physics based puzzles it's hard to pass up on this cute and easy to master title.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Despite my time at AppSpy, I can't claim to have 'played them all' (the games that is) and as such when a sequel like iBlast Moki 2 from Godzilab drops out of the blue it's hard to know if you're looking at an improvement or just an update. Thankfully it's not hard to use the 'way-back-when' machine to make a comparison and suffice to say if you enjoyed the first title, you're going to have a literal blast with the new one.
What makes iBlast Moki 2 so much fun is the way in which players are brought in to place the final touches on a pre-built Rube Goldberg machine. Your aim is to get the cute little Moki's to the warp-portal at the end of the level, but your only method for doing so comes in the form of manipulating various forces such as directly pushing with bombs; reducing friction with yellow goop; creating a bouncy surface with pink goop; and halting friction altogether with sticky green goop.
Stars are awarded based on the final score, which is in turn affected by how fast you complete a level and how many flowers you managed to pick up along the way. Finding it hard to get that final star? Well you can spend in-game currency that's earned slowly as you progress to download replays of the best solutions posted online (more coins can be purchased for a nominal fee as well). Similarly, if you find yourself stuck and wanting to check out the later levels you can unlock the entire game for a small fee too.
The strength of iBlast Moki 2 lies in the way each puzzle is practically half-solved, making solutions all the easier to work out (though getting the timing right may take some tweaking). That isn't to say the game is easy though as three stars often require abstract solutions and careful manipulation of forces to achieve.
Should you fancy yourself a bit of a designer you can also whip up a few puzzles using the custom level tools, sharing your creations with people around the world.
iBlast Moki 2 is just what you'd expect of a sequel to a game that captured the attention of the iOS world almost two years ago. From its faithful adaption of the delightfully cheery visual style to the deeper mechanics and online features, it's a puzzle game that's guaranteed to keep you busy for a long time coming.
Description••• App Store named iBlast Moki 2 the best of the iPhone Games category in App Store Rewind •••
• Featured by Apple as Game of the Week on both iPhone and iPad •
• One of the best iOS Game ever with a Metacritic of 90 •
• iPhone Best Puzzle Game 2009 - IGN 2009 Awards •
• Best Mobile Game 2010 - Milthon Award •
• Now beautifully remastered by GameClub in 2019 •
In this new adventure, the Mokis will use the help of new gameplay elements such as the paint bombs and more crazy contraptions to reach the magic spiral.
This critically-acclaimed puzzle game features 90 levels set across 6 unique worlds. In each one, your goal is the same: to create a path to the goal for all of the Mokis using only the bombs you're given. Given their round shape Mokis can roll quite well, but for everything else you'll need to choose the right tool to help them. Place the bombs wherever you like and set their timers to try to create just the right chain reaction to solve the puzzle. Head into the Create mode and build your own elaborate designs for others to challenge. It's a blast!
- Lots of Puzzles: With 6 worlds and 90 stages, you've got your work cut out for you!
- So Many Bombs: In addition to the trusty regular kind of bomb, there are glue bombs, bouncy bombs, slick bombs, and more!
- Colorful Characters: The Mokis are an adorable bunch who are more than happy to get where they're going by any means. Don't worry, they're tough!
- Set the Timers: Not only do you have to decide which bomb you're using and where to use it, but you also have to consider when you want it to explode! Think carefully!
- Amazing Contraptions: Rotating wheels, balloons, ropes, pulleys, and more are incorporated into the puzzles.
• TouchArcade.com: "It stands tall as one of the best –if not the best– puzzle games in the App Store"
• Gamezebo.com - 4.5/5: "iBlast Moki 2 is like Angry Birds with bombs, which is about as awesome as it sounds."
• TouchGen.net - 5/5: "This is a true sequel, where you take everything that was great about the first game and then improve on it in almost every way."
• 148apps.com - 4.5/5: "Few games make me feel like the genius that I am like this one when I succeed"
GameClub is a subscription mobile gaming service. If you like our games, try our auto-renewing monthly subscription for 30 days free, and play all of our games with no limits, no ads, no hidden fees, and no other in-app purchases.
If you choose to purchase GameClub’s optional subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. No charge will be made for the free trial period. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior of the current period, at the cost indicated. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your App Store account settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]
What's New in Version 1.3.31Thanks for playing this GameClub game!
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements. Let’s play!