- Publisher: Ayopa Games LLC
- Genre: Entertainment
- Released: 3 Nov, 2011
- Size: 195.5 MB
- Price: FREE!
- Many options to create words.
- Tensions run high as swaps decrease.
- I would have liked to have been able to make words out of three letters.
Combining Bejeweled and Scrabble, WELDER is an addictive word game that should have any puzzle fan glued to the game screen for hours.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Being a welder of words admittedly sounds rather poncy. However, there's no better explanation for the task set upon you in... 'W.E.L.D.E.R.'. Luckily swapping tiles to create words is a lot of fun, and thanks to some interesting little gameplay additions, a rather unique experience among word and puzzle games is to be had.
The core of the game is a mix of Bejeweled and Scrabble. Tiles can be swapped horizontally, vertically, and diagonally to create words of four letters or more. There is a power meter that is filled depending on the complexity of the words created, whether or not more than one word was created at once, and a multitude of other bonuses (some involving special tiles). When this bar fills, more swaps are added. If you run out of swaps before completing your word quota for the level, then it's game over. Aside from swapping tiles, your moves can be used to burn letters onto wooden blocks which is really helpful when your eyes can't find a good move or you don't wish to waste too many turns lining up that seven letter beauty.
Another great feature is the automatic word submission. The game's dictionary will give you points and remove tiles the instant a word is formed, and in case you formed a word by accident or have no idea what a particular word means, just tapping on the word in your formed words list will bring up the dictionary definition. This game teaches and entertains.
This is strictly a game of tiles and letters. While everything is presented nicely, Welder will not wow anyone with visual flair. The music does a nice job of aiding play without being intrusive but the downside of that is that it isn't very memorable.
Welder is a must buy for fans of word games. It's addictive and has enough variety in the way the levels work to be highly replayable. It would be interesting to see if the developers could design a multiplayer component aside from leaderboards, but that would simply be a nice addition to already very solid game.
DescriptionThe ultimate word extraction game. Weld words in the word machine! Create clever combos and multiply your score using gem and gold tiles. Increase your vocabulary using the in-built dictionary – discover definitions of words you never even knew existed! Earn powerful special abilities like Group, Reverse, and Jump Swaps, and complete particularly tricky terms with blank wooden pieces. Potentially unlimited gameplay!
***Unparalleled content and value. Thanks for your support! W.E.L.D.E.R. has been the #1 iPad seller and Apple's iPhone Game of the Week, and Game of the Day! It's the perfect new word game for any new iPhone or iPad!***
• Play against your friends! Compete against your Game Center friends or random opponents in two-player matches.
• Adds addictive word game play to classic pattern matching.
• Use special reverse, group, and jump swaps to form words and clear broken tiles.
• Use multiplier tiles to score more points and gain more swaps!
• Brand new modes including Sandbox (infinite swaps) and Broken Challenge (tough broken tile levels).
• Undo your last move and have another go!
• Use "Apocalypse Swap" to wipe the board once per level and get a new set of tiles.
• Combine multipliers in a single word for thousands of points and tons of swaps!
• Game Center features include 47 achievements, competitive score comparison and a Palindrome Ranking.
• Use iCloud saving to transfer a game in progress from your iPad to your iPhone!
• Look up words you form via the built-in iOS dictionary.
We are listening to all of your amazing suggestions, and working hard on more updates coming soon! Thank you to all of our happily obsessed fans!