Mini Motor Racing Review
- Four easy to use control schemes; customizable with reversed buttons and manual acceleration.
- Gorgeous visual design; luscious, colorful environments and cute chubby vehicles.
- Local multiplayer; Wifi and Bluetooth.
- Advanced iOS features; iCloud saves, Airplay and iPhone 4S graphical optimizations.
- No position indicators for other vehicles; hard to know if I'm being tailed by 2nd place or 6th place after lapping them.
- Cripplingly aggressive AI; clear the pack and they'll often self-destruct.
- Problematic camera perspective; hard to see changes in terrain height, making jumps/ramps/dips difficult to anticipate.
Despite some initial frustrations, Mini Motor Racing still manages to provide a unique time waster for arcade racing fans.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Sometimes, despite everything screaming at you saying it's wrong, a game can manage to remain compelling. This is how Mini Motor Racing feels and despite The Binary Mill's best efforts the game is realistically far from perfect... and yet the next level loads up much like the last and the numbers keep going up and up and up.
The first thing that grabs you about the racer is its cute aesthetic, with its miniaturized world populated with chubbily proportioned vehicles ranging from Sports, Hatchback, Big-rig and even Buses. Everything about the graphical design lusciously envelops these vehicles, creating a smooth and chunky world you could almost reach out and touch. Better-still are the night time variants that range from basic flood-lit tracks to sunset drives and even rain-drenched tarmac.
It's at this point you realize you're racing and things take a bit of a nose-dive. The world of Mini Motors is a distinctly Arcade one and physics take a back-seat while cars freely spin on a dime, cutting their momentum while drifting slightly or coming to complete halts after being rammed and turned off-course by the AI.
Turbo-boosts, which are in limited supply as a power-up, can help you to get clear of the manic self-destructive racers, but learning how to effectively handle each vehicle type can take some time - all the more-so when dealing with the game's huge amount of tracks that feature unique terrain variations.
All of this should kill an otherwise competent racer, but jumping back and forth between vehicles, mastering tracks and upgrading vehicles with your spoils (or unlocking vehicles such as the colorful cameo from Fruit Ninja) has an appeal all of its own. Of note, the controls feel fantastic with slide controls having an almost analogue smoothness to them and touch-buttons providing a decent alternative for those with sore thumbs. Once you master a vehicle you'll almost flawlessly corner as you nail that perfect line time and again with ease.
What makes or breaks Mini Motor Racing is how willing you are to absorb its Arcade-inspired quirks to find the juicy, fast-paced racer that lies within. It won't be to everyone's tastes, but it doesn't take long to work out whether you're coming back for more.
Description**Winner of App Store Best of - Casual Games **
Little Cars, BIG Fun!
Start your engines! The most vibrant, super-charged racing game you’ve ever seen is here! And now it's better than ever with the massive Anniversary Update!
Mini Motor Racing plays like a favorite remote-controlled car showdown, combined with modern tech to nitro-boost your engines! Play multiplayer against your friends or rivals, via WiFi, Bluetooth and ONLINE! Race in campaign competitions for big rewards! Upgrade your skills and cars to win more! It’s all here in Mini Motor Racing.
* HUGE new update featuring new Championships, four in total. Now over 400 races to conquer!
* YOUR CHOICE OF CARS. Race in fully upgradeable cars, each with their own unique handling and style! Whether it be Sports, Hatch, Big-rig, Pick-up, School Bus, Hot Rod…the list goes on!
* WIN RACES, WIN CARS! Win races throughout the game and you’ll find yourself behind the wheel of the sweetest rides around including the official Fruit Ninja buggy!
* MANY RACE TYPES. Race on over 50 tracks, day and night, in varying weather conditions
* ONLINE MULTIPLAYER. Up to 4 players – WiFi, Bluetooth or over the internet via random games or with friends.
* GAME CENTER SUPPORT. Invite up to four friends to play online via Game Center plus dozens of Achievements and Leaderboards!
* ENHANCED FOR LATEST iPhones and iPads. Full remastered tracks and effects for more eye-popping visual candy taking advantage of all that extra power!
All this, and no assembly required! There's never been a better time to join in on the fun that is Mini Motor Racing!
What's New in Version 2.0.3- Fixed Double Winnings not taking effect
- Fixed an issue some users were encountering when attempting to restore purchases
- Several multiplayer fixes and improvements