My Little Hero Review
- Charming, toy-themed world; simple, but menacing.
- Easy to play; keeps gameplay complexity to a minimum.
- Sluggish and occasionally unresponsive controls.
- Repetitive environments and challenges.
- Camera placement paired badly with level design; plenty of blind spots without purpose.
My Little Hero is an adorable adventure game, but definitely suited to younger audiences instead of those looking for a challenge.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
I freely admit that as a child I had a stuffed toy that I brought to bed and while I knew he couldn't talk or interact with me, I liked to pretend he could at least understand me. The idea of loosing him would have been horrible, probably more so if it was the fabled Boogeyman that did it, so its no surprise to see the diminutive hero of My Little Hero braving the wilds to get him back.
The game is simple to pick up and play, sporting a basic virtual stick and button setup to move around and attack enemies or activate switches, pick up items and so on. Eventually you'll earn secondary items that can be used against various monsters or to manipulate the world, giving you access to additional areas and possibly one of the hero's many missing toys.
From its theme to its basic gameplay, My Little Hero feels as though it's aimed at a younger audience and if so, it does a solid job of things. However, older gamers may be irked at the games many smaller quirks, including sluggish acceleration on the hero, inconsistent attacks that can fail completely due to elevation problems and highly repetitive levels.
Aside from this, the game rewards diligent collection of buttons with the ability to repair recovered toys to gain bonuses, making your travels less of a challenge.
My Little Hero doesn't do anything spectacularly new or interesting, but the attention to detail that has gone in to the fantasy world may be enough to keep you exploring and seeking out more toys. If not, you can always let the younger family members take a crack at it.
Description★★★ LIMITED TIME OFFER!It's a 60% sale: Get it while it's hot! ★★★
★★★ Featured on the iTunes Home Page in 54 Stores Worldwide! Featured in iTunes in 256 Spots! ★★★
★★★ Featured as New & Noteworthy on the US App Store 2 weeks in a row!!! ★★★
"There are many titles out there that feel like iPhone games, but My Little Hero is not one of them. It has that shine that is evocative of games on a larger scale, and you'll notice it from the title screen onward." – Touch Arcade
"… it's endearing and enjoyable enough to melt the heart of even the fiercest cynic." – Pocket Gamer
"…one of the most promising action/adventure titles to hit the App Store in some time." - IGN Wireless
"…charming and nostalgic look into the iconic childhood hero fantasy." - Gamezebo
Helmet? On. Sword? Got it. Now find the Boogeyman – Pinky waits to be rescued!
Question: What is a boy to do when his best friend is in danger? Answer: Become a Hero.
Visually stunning with top-notch gameplay, this captivating tale unfolds when a boy’s best friend, Pinky, gets kidnapped by the evil Boogeyman. Track down the Boogeyman while venturing through the enchanting worlds of Dark Forests, Muddy Deserts, Mushy Swamps and the ultimate destination - the Boogeyman’s Nest. Solve puzzles, find treasures, and confront all the enemies of your childhood dreams in the hypnotizing beautiful world, just behind the doors of your bedroom closet.
Tips for a Hero:
1. Search for hidden collectibles and defeat the boss enemies. Remember: there is always a solution to every problem.
2. No enemy should be left behind: don’t be afraid to ruthlessly hack and slash for buttons. Hang on to your buttons, as you’ll need them!
3. Feeling a little low on energy? There’s nothing that a little sugar can’t fix – including mending broken hearts.
● 4 gorgeously crafted worlds (with more to come in future updates)
● Upgradable armor and weapons, with additional items to discover
● 31 individual hidden collectibles
Find out more: http://www.wemogames.net
Like us? Love us!: http://facebook.com/wemogames
Follow us: http://twitter.com/wemogames
What's New in Version 1.0.3- White screen no more! Fixed the white screen error that had appeared on select devices
- Minor glitch fixes for a more seamless & exciting adventure