Asphalt 8: Airborne Review
- Excellent arcade handling.
- Inventive and considered track design.
- Triple-boost system is a gas.
- Tons of content.
- Could afford to be a teensy-bit more generous with its currency rewards.
Asphalt 8: Airborne is a patchwork quilt of arcade racing tropes stitched together with skill and affection. Join the joyride.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Ashpalt 8: Airborne plays like a greatest hits compilation of arcade racers. Perhaps you enjoyed the powerslide from Outrun and Ridge Racer? Or the nitro boosts and takedown challenges from Burnout? Well, you'll find them all in Asphalt 8.
The good news is that rather than Gameloft simply ripping off aspects of other games and mashing them randomly together, the dev has managed create a polished, adrenaline-infused racer which is way more fun than it has any right to be.
One thing's for sure: it certainly isn't short of content. There are 8 seasons to race through, featuring a total of 180 races. You've got 47 licensed cars to purchase and upgrade. Game modes range from standard races and eliminations, to drifts challenges and a zombie-style infected mode. The tracks themselves often branch off in numerous directions, offering you several alternative routes to the finish line.
However, all of this is worth nothing if the racing isn't any fun. Luckily, racing finds should find themselves gelling with Ashpalt 8: Airborne's controls and physics from the moment the light turns green.
Both the tilt and touch control options put you confidently in command of your vehicle. Though the drifting isn't quite as smooth as in other arcade racers, the triple-tap boost - which gives you three tiers of nitrous boost - is incredibly satisfying to use. Timing precisely when to open the nitrous tanks is often the key to victory. Challenges are rarely a walk in the park, and you'll often find yourself scrapping for first right up to the chequered flag.
Likewise, deciding when to upgrade your existing ride and when to purchase a better one requires thought too. If you want to unlock seasons without spending any real money (and you really don't have) you must invest wisely, and make sure you grab all 5 stars from every race. Things get pretty tough towards the end, but races are rarely anything but a blast. Even when you're repeating challenges, you'll discover a new sidestreet or pull off an even better stunt, and you'll find excitement coursing through your body once again.
Though Asphalt 8: Airborne's parts may be borrowed, they have been skilfully assembled to build a highly entertaining vehicle. If you like your racing fast and furious, we suggest you take this one for a spin.
DescriptionLEAVE GRAVITY IN THE DUST!
• 300+ OFFICIAL SPEED MACHINES: Ferrari, Ducati, Lamborghini, McLaren, Bugatti, Mercedes, Audi, Ford, Chevrolet… From bikes to cars, we got ‘em all!
• CROSS-SAVE & CROSS-PLAY: Start racing on macOS and then keep on racing on your iOS device!
• STUNNING GRAPHICS: Enjoy a smooth 60-FPS experience! Interactions between the vehicles, environments & tracks are fully physics-based!
• INTENSE ARCADE GAMEPLAY: Feel the thrill of gravity-defying racing across 50+ high-speed tracks!
• HIGH-OCTANE MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE: Race in real-time multiplayer action for up to 12 opponents & dare your friends to ghost races!
• WIN BIG: Participate in our Limited-Time Events to stack up amazing & exclusive rewards!
• MASSIVE CONTENT DEPTH: 400+ career events, 1,500 car mastery challenges, 6 unique game modes, car collections. An endless stream of single-player content!
• CUSTOMIZE & UPGRADE YOUR RIDES: With over 2,300 decals, take down your opponents with style!
470 MILLION PLAYERS CAN’T BE WRONG!
TAKE A SPIN WITH THE FRONTRUNNER AMONG RACING GAMES!
ACCLAIMED BY PLAYERS & THE PRESS!
WINNER: **MWC Best Mobile Game App**
WINNER: **Pocket Gamer Best Sports/Racing Game Award**
PERFECT SCORE: ** 5/5 – TouchArcade**
PERFECT SCORE: ** 5/5 – AppSpy**
PERFECT SCORE: ** 5/5 – Slide to Play**
PERFECT SCORE: ** 100/100 – GameReactor**
PERFECT SCORE: ** 5/5 – MacLife**
JOIN OUR RACER COMMUNITY!
• DISCORD: https://gmlft.co/A8-dscrd
• FACEBOOK: facebook.com/AsphaltGame
• YOUTUBE: youtube.com/c/AsphaltGames
• TWITTER: twitter.com/Asphalt
• INSTAGRAM: instagram.com/asphaltgames
This app allows you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third-party advertisements that may redirect you to a third-party site.
Visit our official site at http://gmlft.co/website_EN
Check out the new blog at http://gmlft.co/central
End-User License Agreement: http://www.gameloft.com/eula/?lang=en
What's New in Version 5.9.0Asphalt 8: Airborne is celebrating its 8th anniversary! To mark this momentous milestone, we’ve prepared an equally momentous update, with special time-limited events, fashionable new features, and a completely overhauled look for the game!
8th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
We want to thank all of the players who've made these 8 years as exhilarating and fun as possible. So, we’re hosting a series of 8th-Anniversary events and a special Festival where the prize is a limited-edition anniversary Bugatti Bolide!
RACER AVATARS ARRIVE
At last, players can create their own customizable Racer Avatar! There are loads of clothes, costumes and accessories to discover, so mix-and-match however you want to really let your unique style shine!
SHINY NEW UI
We’ve revamped the game inside and out, so a new user interface was essential. Enjoy the completely new look and feel, with even more improvements to come just ‘round the bend.