Fairway Solitaire Blast Review
- Fun streamlined solitaire
- Cute visual style
- Intuitive controls
- Annoying reliance in IAPs
- The golf elements have been dialuted to nearly nothing
- Chance limits progression too much
Fairway Solitaire Blast is still an entertaining card game, but it does nothing to live up the original’s fantastic blend of cards and sport.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
The original Fairway Solitaire's blend of golf and cards was superb. Its simple take on solitaire was fun and immediate, while the golf elements encouraged you to minimise moves to come in under par.
Fairway Solitaire Blast retains the original's slick solitaire gameplay. Once again, your enjoyment of this will be dependent on your appreciation of solitaire. However, Blast’s streamlined gameplay kept us entertained as we attempted to clear each board as efficiently as possible.
Though the basic solitaire elements remain, Blast’s golf elements have been dialed back considerably, much to the game’s detriment. Now you have to come in under par by clearing three boards, one for each stroke - a far less elegant implementation of the golf metaphor. Considering the degree of chance involved in the game, this makes winning a hole more about luck than skill, as one bad screen can scupper your run for good.
Blast’s other huge alteration to the original is a reliance on in-app purchases. Every time you run out of cards, one of the game’s cartoon mascots will hop on screen to offer you the chance to buy a special card. You could try the Joker’s Wild card, letting you play any card on the board, or purchase a Hot Line card, which summons a gofer that guns down the majority of the remaining cards.
Its an expensive solution to succeed in this game of chance, but after trying to clear a hole for the dozenth time and feeling cheated by Blast’s random elements, these IAPs start to feel depressingly appealing.
Fairway Solitaire Blast may have a new cartoony look, but this doesn't make up for watering-down of the original premise. It a wonderful concept that has been diluted to make space for IAP. While this still leaves an entertaining game, it has been stretched too thin to be recommended over the superb original.
DescriptionPlay the addicting solitaire puzzle game with over 10,000,000 downloads world-wide! Fairway Solitaire Blast challenges your brain with puzzling card layouts, fun power-ups, and three modes of game play for endless enjoyment. Play slow or play fast – either way, you’ll have a Blast!
What is Blast:
• Fun, free, and easy to learn!
• Standard solitaire rules apply: play one card up or down to clear the board!
• 3 game modes for endless fun: Daily, Main, and Tournament!
• Mini-golf theme with cute “Squinion” characters!
Features in Blast:
• Daily Challenges to play every day!
• Tournaments of varying difficulty for players of all types!
• Facebook sign-in for access to friends & saved progress!
• Earn achievements (Cheevos!) for sweet rewards!
More Levels, More Fun:
• 1500+ levels with more added regularly!
• Power-ups to strategize your gameplay!
• Leaderboards for the competitive players!
• Redeem collectable “Stick’ems” for prizes!
• Different challenges to complete on every hole!
Follow us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FairwaySolitaireBlast
Experiencing Issues? Please visit: https://fairwaysolitaireblast.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
What's New in Version 2.8.33This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
• Squashed bugs (no real bugs were harmed in said squashing)
Thanks for the continued feedback and support, and happy gaming!
If you like this game, please consider taking a moment to rate/review it.