The Walking Dead Pinball Review
- Physics as solid as you would expect from the Zen series
- Sticks surprisingly close to the source material
- We're not sure pinball is the best medium for a morality-driven point-and-click adventure
- References to the series are either lost on pinball fans, or just plain distracting
- Only one table
Though the physics are reliably solid, The Walking Dead Pinball is neither a perfect pinball game, nor the best fit for Telltale's emotional adventure series.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
The Walking Dead Pinball is an odd creature.
On the one hand, it's another solid instalment of Zen's popular pinball series. You get the same realistic physics and weighty flippers that series fans have come to rely upon, and a themed table which recreates environments and situations from the critically acclaimed Telltale series.
The question which Pocket Gamer's Jon Munday asks, however, is whether people really want to revisit the emotional tale of Clementine and Lee through the medium of digital pinball.
Watch the video above to hear the full review.
DescriptionZen Studios, Telltale Games, and Skybound Entertainment partner to create all-new table based on the 'Game of the Year' winning series.
The pinball masters at Zen Studios have partnered with Telltale Games and Robert Kirkman, the Eisner Award-winning creator and writer of The Walking Dead for his Skybound imprint at Image Comics, to create an all-new digital pinball table based on the award-winning The Walking Dead game series.
-The Walking Dead Pinball table playfield is a tour of the most iconic locations from the game, including the St. John’s Dairy Farm, Travelier Motel, Bell Tower, Train & Level Crossing, RV and more.
- Original lines and award winning voice actors from the game, including Dave Fennoy and Melissa Hutchison
- Missions center on player choice in survival situations such as choosing who to save in a zombie attack, solving problems within the group, and acquiring important tools, vehicles and fuel.
- Lee, Clementine and The Walking Dead zombies are represented as 3D characters in game.