Goat Simulator Review
- Publisher: Coffee Stain Publishing
- Genre: Simulation
- Released: 17 Sep, 2014
- Size: 557.8 MB
- Price: $7.99
- Some genuine laugh out load moments
- The sandbox mania is initially very entertaining
- Riddled with bugs and glitches
- Joke can get old pretty quickly
Broken and shonky though it is, you'll probably get just enough enjoyment from Goat Simulator's bonkers sandbox playground to justify the price tag.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Goat Simulator is a difficult game to review.
On the one hand, it's a transparently broken game riddled with bugs, glitches, frame-rate issues, and optimisation problems.
On the other hands, however, the whole game is a very conscious joke - one designed to poke fun at the subjective dullness of games like Truck Simulator and Train Simulator. As a result, it can be argued that the game is deliberately broken, and therefore cite its technical weaknessess as part of the joke.
Harry Slater of Pocket Gamer weighed the pros and cons of this satirical venture in his review. Check out the video above to see what he thought.
DescriptionGoat Simulator is the latest in goat simulation technology, bringing next-gen goat simulation to YOU. You no longer have to fantasize about being a goat, your mobile dreams have finally come true!
Gameplay-wise, Goat Simulator is all about causing as much destruction as you possibly can as a goat. It has been compared to an old-school skating game, except instead of being a skater, you're a goat, and instead of doing tricks, you wreck stuff. more! When it comes to goats, not even the sky is the limit, as you can probably just bug through it and crash the game.
Goat Simulator is a completely stupid game and, to be honest, you should probably spend your money on something else, such as a hula hoop, a pile of bricks, or maybe pool your money together with your friends and buy a real goat.
* You can be a goat
* Get points for wrecking stuff - brag to your friends that you're the alpha goat
* MILLIONS OF BUGS! We're only eliminating the crash-bugs, everything else is hilarious and we're keeping it
* In-game physics that bug out all the time
* Seriously look at that goat's neck
* You can be a goat