Roller Polar Review
- Simple but ingenious one-touch mechanic
- Gorgeous visuals
- Maddeningly compulsive
- Not much here for you if you're not into jumping
Simple though it may be, Roller Polar's delightfully infuriating twitch core is as compulsive as it is maddening. Well worth a look.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Dev studio Nitrome is making a bit of a name for itself. Landing on our radar last year with the excellently chilly physics puzzler Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage, the team has once again looked to arctic conditions as inspiration for its latest mobile game.
This time its Roller Polar, a twitch game that all about leaping over rocks, trees, birds, and snowmen. Seriously - don't get us started on the snowmen.
Pocket Gamer's Harry Slater explains why you should really consider giving frosty this offering a go.
DescriptionTake control of your Polar Bear and ride the snowball down the mountain. Watch out for the boulders, trees and wildlife!
Day and night the ball keeps rolling, faster and faster it goes, what's the highest score? Nobody knows!
• Addictive one touch gameplay that is easy to pick up but difficult to master!
• Awesome pixel art from the award winning studio Nitrome.
• Real-time dynamic day and night gameplay. So if it's day outside, it's day in the game! If it's night... oh you get the idea!
• Music by Dave Cowen(Creator of Icebreaker - A Viking Voyage)
• Unlockable Achievements
• It's a Polar Bear running on a giant snowball down a mountain! What more do you want!
Important Message for Parents
This game may include:
- Direct links to social networking websites that are intended for an audience over the age of 13.
- Direct links to the internet that can take players away from the game with the potential to browse any web page.
- Advertising of Nitrome products.
What's New in Version 2.1.1This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Minor bug fixes