Forgotten Memories : Alternate Realities Review
- Publisher: Psychose Interactive Inc.
- Genre: Adventure
- Released: 23 Apr, 2015
- Size: 1.4 GB
- Price: $4.99
- Fantastically oppressive atmosphere
- Quite a lot of story if you're willing to dig deep
- Great visuals
- Undercooked combat system
- Puzzles can be a little drawn out
- Brutal save system doesn't suit mobile
Ultimately let down by drab combat and so-so puzzles, Forgotten Memories should be admired for its impressive visuals and genuinely creepy atmosphere.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Forgotten Memories aim to return to the classic survival horror systems of the '90s.
Resident Evil's ribbon save system? Check. Spooky Silent Hill-style mannequins? Double-check.
Question is, does this admittedly gorgeous iOS effort deliver the spooky goods, or is it just another fart in the dark? Check out our video review to discover the answer.
DescriptionTAKE A DEEP BREATH AND GET READY FOR THE HORROR OF FORGOTTEN MEMORIES.
Finalist in the CVA videogames awards. Nominations: Best Audio, Best Original Music, Best Indie Game and Best iOS Game!
"The most exciting horror game of 2015." - AppSpy
"The developers have managed to craft a genuinely unsettling game with a moody atmosphere and masterfully engineered scares." - AppSpy
"Forgotten Memories is an atmospheric tale of horror" - 148Apps
"It's a well put-together tribute to survival horror games of yesteryear." - PocketGamerUK
"The game is easily recommendable for those looking for that Silent Hill feel." - Destructoid
In Forgotten Memories, you will play Rose Hawkins, a strong independent woman looking for Eden, a missing child. Rose wakes up wounded in a strange place she doesn't recognize. While looking for the young girl, she finds herself locked in a never-ending tragedy, frozen in time. Rose will need to confront her deepest fears to unveil the mystery behind her terrifying investigation.
Forgotten Memories is a third person Psychological Survival Horror game combining exploration, reflection, puzzles, action and survival, with a gameplay focused on fear mechanics.
A true spiritual successor of the greatest horrific games from the 90's. Forgotten Memories is a classic survival horror game.
A GREAT GAMING EXPERIENCE
A true gaming experience on your mobile device.
Forgotten Memories combines deep psychological story, beautifully rendered environments, and smooth gameplay action into a fantastic horror experience you will never forget.
• Classic survival horror mechanics
• A deep narrative and climatic psychological horror experience
• Fantastic visual effects
• Smooth touch controls
• No in-app purchases. We don't sell any weapons, ammunition, or anything that will impact the game experience. You will be on your own ;)
What's New in Version 1.6.2- Improved lighting rendering with Brightness, now moved to the tonemapping pass
- Fixed a bug with some 2D interactions where it was always visible after interaction
- Fixed a ranking star bug with heal kits usage
- Fixed a bug with the old brightness settings
Note: If you are updating from v1.5.X or older, a fresh install is recommended (deleting and re-downloading the game again)