NOAA Hi-Def Radar Pro Weather
- App Store Info
DescriptionA simple yet powerful weather radar app that combines science with simplicity for viewing real-time animated weather radar images in vivid color on a highly responsive interactive map.
NOAA Hi-Definition Radar provides stunning precipitation detail. See freezing rain (pink) areas of radar so you know where hazardous road conditions are likely.
• Install and go, no complex setup.
• Select transparency of radar imagery for your preference.
• Sharp weather radar imagery even on retina displays that show the latest radar images within minutes.
• Show the weather map full-screen on your device and hide the app buttons for a fantastic full-screen map view of radar activity. Looks especially great on iPad!
• Tap and hold on the map to check current weather conditions and forecasts (for U.S. locations, and some non-U.S. locations where available).
• Show your GPS position, direction of travel and elevation on the map when enabled.
• Bookmark multiple locations for fast and easy access to weather forecasts and lightning alerts of your favorite places.
• Current road conditions, hourly and five-day forecasts alongside detailed weather information for all your locations, including pressure readings for all your locations.
Show Weather Layers on the map so you can see past weather imagery (for U.S. locations, and some non-U.S. locations where available):
• Radar Map
• Clouds Map
• Clouds & Radar Map
• Temperature Map
• Water Temp Map
• Wind Speed Map
• Snow Fall Map
• Road Weather Map
Show Severe Weather Overlays and alerts on the map so you can see severe weather warning boxes where dangerous weather is happening (U.S. locations only):
• Tap alert boxes on the map to view info
• Tornadoes and Thunderstorm watches and warnings
• Flood watches and warnings
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm watches and warnings
• Storm Tracks showing direction of storm in the next few minutes
• Winter storm watches and warnings
• Marine and coastal alerts
• View Lightning strikes on the map (no additional purchase necessary)
Enhance your app with two optional auto-renewing monthly subscriptions:
• Buy Storm Watch to unlock these 6 features:
1) Future Radar: See predicted radar imagery for the next few hours.
2) Future Clouds: See predicted cloud imagery for the next few hours.
3) Future Clouds & Radar together: See predicted clouds and radar imagery together for the next few hours.
4) Future Temperatures Map: See predicted future temperatures map.
5) Future Water Temps Map: See predicted future water temperatures map.
6) Future Wind Speeds Map: See predicted future wind speeds map.
• Buy Lightning Notifications to unlock this premium feature:
1) Be notified when lightning strikes nearby.
2) Get a push notification whenever lightning strikes near your Saved Locations - up to 10 miles away.
• Current Location is not supported by Lightning Notifications, at this time.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.1.7Thanks for using the NOAA Hi-Def Radar Pro Weather app! Special thanks to all of our subscribers, we appreciate your support. Here's what's included in this release:
● This update resolves subscription related bugs in our last release, thanks for your feedback to help resolve them. Everything should be resolved in this release!
Here's what was included in our last update:
● Introducing Storm Watch, our new subscription offering! Storm Watch includes all features of the Future Weather subscription, but now offers a convenient annual option.
● The Storm Watch subscription includes Future Weather imagery layers for Clouds, Radar, Water temperature and Wind speed, removes all in-app advertisements and access to future features and content.
● Don't worry, if you're a current subscriber, you'll see no change to your features or subscription! Lightning Alerts also continue to be available as a separate monthly subscription.
● As a reminder, our last update included new maps & imagery updates for Radar, Clouds, Clouds & Radar, Temperature, Water Temp, Wind Speeds, Road Weather and Snow Fall.
● Several iPhone X optimizations and improvements, plus you can now easily rate the app via Settings.
● Quickly access detailed weather for your current location by tapping the "my location" arrow in the lower right, then either tap and hold the map, or tap the weather icon in the lower right.
● Map Legends are now enabled by default to ensure map readability, this can be disabled in Settings.
Questions, comments or issues? We appreciate your feedback. Get in touch with us at [email protected] for fast and friendly support from our team. We hope you enjoy this update!