- App Store Info
DescriptionPypley is a flow rate and pressure drop calculator for circular pipe systems and newtonian liquids. Pypley also calculates the performance of centrifugal pumps and help in selecting the appropriate pump size. The app allows you to build multiple pipes in series with the help of a pump database and a range of fittings and valves that are natively available in the app. The app also allows you to add your own list of customized fittings and pumps to be used continuously in the app with the support of iCloud.
The app offers the following main features:
• Support Metric and US imperial units.
• Calculates flow rate, pipe velocity and pressure in pipes.
• Produce a pressure losses table for each fitting and pipe used in the system.
• Native and customised pump database.
• Ability to control pump performance by adjusting the pump speed (rpm) and impeller diameter.
• Produce a pump/system curve.
• Produce the calculated K values for all the fittings using the 3K & 2K method.
• Produce the Reynolds number for each pipe diameter.
• Produce the pipe friction factor using the colebrook equation.
• Produce pump discharge pressure and the pressure at each pipe starting point.
• Produce NPSHr and NPSHa values to check for pump cavitation.
• Create a customised fitting list with Kv and Cv flow coefficients or three pressure/flow curve points.
• Detect negative pressure values in the pipe line.
• Detect when the centrifugal pump hits maximum flow capability.
Pypley is a design guide for hydraulic and process applications. The app offers a calculator like experience for early design stages or quick design estimations.
Please note that Pypley cannot do parallel or network flow analysis.
Although we made sure this app is as accurate as possible and we will continue to support and fix any problem that may occur, the developer make no warranties about the accuracy or completeness of Pypley and is not liable for any errors or omissions.
What's New in Version 3.1*Major user interface update based on valuable user feedback.
*Fixing a minor input error that can cause the app to crash.