Battleloot Adventure Review
- A simple combat system with a genuine amount of choice leading to complexity.
- Plenty to spend money on, but without in app purchases, you need to prioritize your upgrades.
- Having only three party slots leads to a lot of potential strategy.
- The rock/scissors/paper combat style always leaves you at a disadvantage in a varied fight due to the limitations on party layout.
- The way quests start to spread out can be overwhelming.
Sporting a simple, yet intricate combat system, and a focus on acquiring loot and becoming more powerful over an engaging narrative, Battleloot Adventures will satisfy the treasure hunter RPGers itch.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
What makes games like Diablo 2, Borderlands, and even World of Warcraft so addictive? Sure they all have interesting stories with intriguing characters, but really it's the combat and most importantly the loot that keeps people playing long passed when their interest should have waned. Battleloot Adventures understands this, and even by its name you can tell where the primary focus lies. The king of Kameloot, known for his greed creates a tournament where the city that wins it will not have to pay any taxes. Mercenaries from around the globe flock to Kameloot in search of riches and honor. That's pretty much the entire tale. Build a party of adventurers, complete quests for cash, and use that cash to buy new gear and upgrade the abilities of your team.
Since combat is the meat and potatoes of the gameplay here, let's explore how things work. You have three slots, the front, the flank, and the rear. You can assign a party member to each, and each party member has a passive ability, whether that be healing each round, or increasing attack or defense. Once you've entered the battlefield, combat is turn based. Tap on the character you wish to use, and tap on the enemy you wish to attack. If you wish to follow up the attack with another character, tap them and they will enter the fray and add to the combo meter. If the combo meter reaches six or greater, a star will appear that if tapped on, will increase your gold intake at the end of the quest. The one downside of combos however is that the characters that run in deplete their energy bar. This bar is also used to block incoming attacks during the enemy's turn so you have to weigh the pros and cons of more gold to buy loot or greater survivability. Oh and certain classes have weaknesses to other classes as well so there's a rock scissors paper hierarchy in effect to which characters attack which enemy for optimum damage.
Once a quest is over you can visit the armory where you can spend all that gold you've accumulated (or buy more than you'd ever need through in app purchases). New weapons, armor, rings and all sorts of accessories can be bought and equipped. Once your characters reach level five, their skill trees open up as well, with all their power ups linked to gold purchases as well. Finally there are items like health and energy potions which could give you a real edge during an adventure to buy. Now a lot of these upgrades are either level capped or unlocked by completing missions so while a decked out party in a definite advantage, the game makes sure you're not too powerful for the quests that lay ahead of you.
And as you start to open up the world, boy are there a lot of quests. You can choose to travel to different areas which open up even more areas and quests, giving you a lot of choice in regards to your adventuring. Now some may dislike the combat with it's simple interface and over-reliance on rock scissors paper mechanics, and even with the plethora of quests available, there isn't much variety other than different enemies to kill. Having said that, the game does give a lot of choice to how you approach combat, and the pull of new loot is ever present.
Description"Battleloot Adventure is one that you don't want to miss."-TouchArcade.com (4.5/5 stars)
"It’s cheap, addictive, nice to look at, and quite a bit of fun"-148Apps.com (Editor's Choice - 4.5/5 stars)
"Battleloot Adventure will satisfy the treasure hunter RPGers itch."-AppSpy.com (5 Great)
"The best turn-based combat simulator I’ve ever played, now that’s a label well deserved!"-iFanzine.com (4.5/5 stars)
"Battleloot Adventure [...] hands down wins the award for my most favorite iOS RPG."-AppAdvice.com
In a land where the only thing bigger than a hero’s heart is his head (literally), Battleloot Adventure creatively blends comedy, turn-based combat and role-playing for a whimsical adventure like no other! Battleloot Adventure will take you on an epic quest into the heart of Kameloot, a wealthy realm threatened by viciously grumpy monsters, ruthless mercenaries, fire breathing dragons and last, but not least, vexing taxes!
Swear allegiance to your legendary city of choice, enlist a motley crew of adventurers and battle rival soldiers, magical entities, wondrous creatures and big, ugly, foul-smelling Orcs to win the “Grand Gossip Notoriety price”. Mix and match your gang’s skills and spells to unlock thrilling adventures and totally awesome weapons and equipment!
RECRUIT & LEAD YOUR ADVENTURERS TO GLORY
- Pledge your allegiance to one of four cities and earn fame and fortune.
- Recruit an assortment of adventurers, each with their own perks and unique skills.
- Upgrade and customize your characters and their abilities.
- Carefully choose your 3 ideal adventurers to face each danger ahead.
EPIC QUESTS & BATTLES
- Brave over 60 quests, each including a unique feat to further challenge your skills.
- Super easy touch controls.
- Carefully arrange your team for battle, deploy your heroes in front and rear lines for the most effective offense/defense balance.
- Cautiously plan every attack, selecting the right characters and moves for each quest.
- Leverage Auto skills and Special attacks galore.
- Be ready to take action anytime in the battle with the Assist and Block commands.
- Master unique combos to rake up hits and collect stars to unleash Special attacks.
- Battle across different environments – some infused with magic and each affecting your adventurers differently.
BEAUTIFUL HAND DRAWN GRAPHICS
- Enjoy colorful comic-style graphics, combining zany animations and lush hand-painted backdrops, with Retina Display support.
Digital Tales values players’ feedback to constantly improve their apps.
Contact us at the following address for any suggestions or to report bugs:
Keep up with all the Battleloot Adventure action by visiting us on Facebook:
What's New in Version 1.3.0This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Added iPhone X support
- Fixed iPhone X - related bug
- Minor bug fixes