You need a quick catch up on everything cool from the world of mobile and tablet gaming? You just found it with AppSpy's Sunday Service.
The Big Stories
1. We went hands-on with the rather smashing Day of the Viking.
2. We got all hot under the bonnet with the trailer for Drift Girls.
3. We cooked up all sorts of delicious Minecraft-themed treats.
4. We discovered that some smart types in Bristol are making some sweet looking robots.
5. We saw 9 awesome things you can do in Strung Along.
Undoubtedly the most curious release this week is The Sailor's Dream.
If it were a PC game you might call it a walking simulator: you pootle about the world to explore its little secrets, find hidden narrative elements, and generally bathe in the atmosphere. But there's not a great deal of interactivity, and it's short too.
A flawed gem then, but potentially one worth the boat ride.
How we spent our weekend
Peter: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms. Watching fireworks. Baking bread. Not all at the same time though.
James: Gonna run away from a xenomorph in Alien Isolation.
Danny: Definitely not catching them all in a heavily embargoed Nintendo 3DS game.
We Are Steel
This week at 148Apps, the review team tackled a host of casual games, from Human Crasher and Winterforts to Dino on Fire, Smash Champs and Twisty Hollow. Plus, Jordan Minor raided the Canadian App Store and returned with previews of Sabers and Gems of War.
Pocket Gamer this week picked 18 mobile games to get excited about in November, offered a contentious take on Simogo's new game, told you all about Seabeard, and hinted at a juicy big game coming next week.